* setup.exe corruption
@ 2020-04-14 10:34 o lu
From: o lu @ 2020-04-14 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Windows cannot access the specified device...

Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file.... with
latest setup.exe

* Re: setup.exe corruption
@ 2020-04-14 10:43 ` o lu
From: o lu @ 2020-04-14 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

When downloaded with cygwin wget

On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 3:34 AM o lu <oluoluolu@gmail.com> wrote:

> Windows cannot access the specified device...
>
> Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file.... with
> latest setup.exe

* Re: setup.exe corruption
@ 2020-04-14 22:27   ` Brian Inglis
From: Brian Inglis @ 2020-04-14 22:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: o lu

On 2020-04-14 04:43, o lu via Cygwin wrote:
> When downloaded with cygwin wget

> On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 3:34 AM o lu <oluoluolu@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file...
>> with latest setup.exe

Which:
	https://cygwin.com/setup-x86_64.exe
or
	https://cygwin.com/setup-x86.exe
or both?

You may have to:

	$ chmod +rx setup-x86*.exe

Otherwise please reply with outputs from:

$ head /proc/version
CYGWIN_NT-10.0-18363 version 3.1.4-340.x86_64 (corinna@calimero) (gcc version
7.4.0 20181206 (Fedora Cygwin 7.4.0-1) (GCC) ) 2020-02-19 08:49 UTC

$ cmd /c ver

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18363.752]

* Re: setup.exe corruption
@ 2020-04-15  2:02     ` o lu
From: o lu @ 2020-04-15  2:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

It worked, but I dont understand on Windows

* Re: setup.exe corruption
@ 2020-04-16  8:07       ` Andrey Repin
From: Andrey Repin @ 2020-04-16  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: o lu, cygwin

Greetings, o lu!

> It worked, but I dont understand on Windows

If you have downloaded it into a directory mounted with "acl" option, POSIX
behavior apply.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...

* Re: setup.exe corruption
@ 2020-04-16 13:10         ` o lu
From: o lu @ 2020-04-16 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

How does the acl option work? I ran it on a regular Windows directory (to
my knowledge).

Your english is fine.

@ 2020-12-05 11:07           ` o lu
From: o lu @ 2020-12-05 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

How does this acl option work? Im on Win 10 Home.

@ 2020-12-08  6:39             ` Andrey Repin
From: Andrey Repin @ 2020-12-08  6:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: o lu, cygwin

Greetings, o lu!

Please don't top-post on this list.

>>> If you have downloaded it into a directory mounted with "acl" option,
>>> POSIX behavior apply.

>> How does the acl option work? I ran it on a regular Windows directory (to
>> my knowledge).

If you have used Cygwin wget to download setup.exe, and Cygwin had "acl"
option for the target directory, it won't set +x automatically.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...