* lftp bug: mirror [-R] didn't work with sftp connection
@ 2013-07-03  5:31 Arthur Tu
From: Arthur Tu @ 2013-07-03  5:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

$ lftp sftp://usr@addr

I can mget or mput files with sftp connection. However, when it comes to
directory operation, lftp always failed.

Both `mirror abc` to download whole directory or 'mirror -R abc' to
upload whole directory didn't work. The former one stuck at 'mkdir abc'
while the latter one stuck at 'cd abc'. So i guess it's some bugs of
operations on local file system.

Some more information on another two conditions.
1. `sftp usr@addr`
I can use 'get -r' to download whole directory.

2. 'lftp someusr@another_addr'.
When i used lftp to connect to normal ftp servers instead of sftp ones,
`mirror` worked.

Can someone reproduce this problem?

* Re: lftp bug: mirror [-R] didn't work with sftp connection
@ 2013-07-03 22:31 ` V.99
From: V.99 @ 2013-07-03 22:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arthur Tu; +Cc: cygwin

Yes, I have same problem.
This is the problem in version 4.4.7 of lftp - see
http://lftp.yar.ru/news.html.
Problem is solved in 4.4.8.
As a workaround downgrade to 4.4.4, until cygwin adopts version 4.4.8.

Vlado

On 3.7.2013 7:31, Arthur Tu wrote:
> $ lftp sftp://usr@addr
>
> I can mget or mput files with sftp connection. However, when it comes
> to directory operation, lftp always failed.
>
> Both `mirror abc` to download whole directory or 'mirror -R abc' to
> upload whole directory didn't work. The former one stuck at 'mkdir
> abc' while the latter one stuck at 'cd abc'. So i guess it's some bugs
> of operations on local file system.
>

> Some more information on another two conditions.
> 1. `sftp usr@addr`
> I can use 'get -r' to download whole directory.
>
> 2. 'lftp someusr@another_addr'.
> When i used lftp to connect to normal ftp servers instead of sftp
> ones, `mirror` worked.
>

> Can someone reproduce this problem?

believed to be clean.

* Re: lftp bug: mirror [-R] didn't work with sftp connection
@ 2013-07-04  1:13   ` Andrew Schulman
From: Andrew Schulman @ 2013-07-04  1:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> Yes, I have same problem.
> This is the problem in version 4.4.7 of lftp - see
> http://lftp.yar.ru/news.html.
> Problem is solved in 4.4.8.
> As a workaround downgrade to 4.4.4, until cygwin adopts version 4.4.8.

I'll go ahead and upload 4.4.8 then.  I already have it built for i686, but
I was waiting to see if I could get it built for x86_64 too.  I haven't
gotten that to work yet though, so I'll not wait for it.

Since 4.4.7 is buggy and 4.4.4 is the fallback, I'll leave 4.4.4 as
previous and remove 4.4.7.

* Re: lftp bug: mirror [-R] didn't work with sftp connection
@ 2013-07-04  1:19     ` Andrew Schulman
From: Andrew Schulman @ 2013-07-04  1:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> > Yes, I have same problem.
> > This is the problem in version 4.4.7 of lftp - see
> > http://lftp.yar.ru/news.html.
> > Problem is solved in 4.4.8.
> > As a workaround downgrade to 4.4.4, until cygwin adopts version 4.4.8.
>
> I'll go ahead and upload 4.4.8 then.  I already have it built for i686, but
> I was waiting to see if I could get it built for x86_64 too.  I haven't
> gotten that to work yet though, so I'll not wait for it.
>
> Since 4.4.7 is buggy and 4.4.4 is the fallback, I'll leave 4.4.4 as
> previous and remove 4.4.7.

Hm... now I'm not so sure.  Someone else is reporting what looks like the
same problem with 4.4.8:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.network.lftp.user/2262