* Cygwin Help needed
       [not found] <010601d34689$22e62b90$68b282b0$@gmail.com>
@ 2017-10-16 14:17 ` Mike Adkins
From: Mike Adkins @ 2017-10-16 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

After I installed Cygwin syslog-ng, Cygwin ssh isn't working correctly..

I am unable to change ownership or permissions..  /home is owned by
Administrator, not Cyg_server..  /dev is showing up in the folder list and
had been hidden.. and ssh keys are not working..  only with password.

Can you help?

Mike

* Re: Cygwin Help needed
@ 2017-10-16 16:02   ` Andrew Schulman
From: Andrew Schulman @ 2017-10-16 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> After I installed Cygwin syslog-ng, Cygwin ssh isn't working correctly..
>
> I am unable to change ownership or permissions..  /home is owned by
> Administrator, not Cyg_server..  /dev is showing up in the folder list and
> had been hidden.. and ssh keys are not working..  only with password.

Sorry but this isn't very clear.

Do you mean that sshd was working before, but it doesn't since you
installed syslog-ng? Does it work again if you uninstall syslog-ng?

When you say ssh keys aren't working, please include the output of ssh -v
or ssh -vv that shows the failure, and also the sshd log output, if you can
get it from syslog-ng.

Also please read the guidelines for reporting problems at
https://cygwin.com/problems.html. In particular, please attach output of
cygcheck -svr.

Andrew

* RE: Cygwin Help needed
@ 2017-10-17 15:18   ` Mike Adkins
From: Mike Adkins @ 2017-10-17 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Any help?

@ 2017-10-17 15:22     ` Mike Adkins
From: Mike Adkins @ 2017-10-17 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

It will not let me chown cyg_server /home

@ 2017-10-17 15:33       ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2017-10-17 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin, bmike.adkins

On 17/10/2017 17:21, Mike Adkins wrote:
> It will not let me chown cyg_server /home

you should not do it.

There was already an answer

asking for more details mentioning the  guidelines for reporting
problems at  https://cygwin.com/problems.html.
In particular, please attach output of
cygcheck -svr.

If you are not subscribed to the mail list
I assume you have not received that reply.

Regards
MArco