* Error during transfer
@ 2021-09-04  6:53 bsampl
From: bsampl @ 2021-09-04  6:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello, during a transfer today I got this error message, The last part is
always there when starting rsync, should be a problem related to windows,
but the 5 lines before are new. I would like to ask you to explain the
possible reason for this error. I just copied files from one external disk
to another on localhost. Many thanks.

rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed to write 4092 bytes to socket [sender]:
Broken pipe (32)

rsync: read error: Software caused connection abort (113)

rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at
/home/lapo/package/rsync-3.0.9-1/src/rsync-3.0.9/io.c(764) [sender=3.0.9]

Error in rsync protocol data stream

Rsync.exe returned an error. Will try again. This is retry number 1 of 5

Executing: rsync.exe  -v -rlt -z --chmod=a=rw,Da+x --delete
--exclude='*.lrc' "/cygdrive/D/Daten/Multimedia/Musikbibliothek/Bibliothek/"
"localhost::newMusic/Bibliothek/"

      1 [main] rsync 10360 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD
pointer.  Please report this problem to

Regards

Bernhard Sampl

* Re: Error during transfer
@ 2021-09-04  6:55 ` cygwinautoreply
From: cygwinautoreply @ 2021-09-04  6:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bsampl; +Cc: cygwin

>Hello, during a transfer today I got this error message, The last part is
>always there when starting rsync, should be a problem related to windows,
>but the 5 lines before are new. I would like to ask you to explain the
>possible reason for this error. I just copied files from one external disk
>to another on localhost. Many thanks.

>rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed to write 4092 bytes to socket [sender]:
>Broken pipe (32)

>rsync: read error: Software caused connection abort (113)

>rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at
>/home/lapo/package/rsync-3.0.9-1/src/rsync-3.0.9/io.c(764) [sender=3.0.9]

>Error in rsync protocol data stream

>Rsync.exe returned an error. Will try again. This is retry number 1 of 5

>Executing: rsync.exe  -v -rlt -z --chmod=a=rw,Da+x --delete
>--exclude='*.lrc' "/cygdrive/D/Daten/Multimedia/Musikbibliothek/Bibliothek/"
>"localhost::newMusic/Bibliothek/"

>      1 [main] rsync 10360 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD
>pointer.  Please report this problem to

>Regards

>Bernhard Sampl

https://cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.using.fixing-find_fast_cwd-warnings

* Re: Error during transfer
@ 2021-09-07  6:39 ` Andrey Repin
From: Andrey Repin @ 2021-09-07  6:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bsampl--- via Cygwin, cygwin

Greetings, bsampl--- via Cygwin!

> Hello, during a transfer today I got this error message, The last part is
> always there when starting rsync, should be a problem related to windows,
> but the 5 lines before are new. I would like to ask you to explain the
> possible reason for this error. I just copied files from one external disk
> to another on localhost. Many thanks.

> rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed to write 4092 bytes to socket [sender]:
> Broken pipe (32)

> rsync: read error: Software caused connection abort (113)

> rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at
> /home/lapo/package/rsync-3.0.9-1/src/rsync-3.0.9/io.c(764) [sender=3.0.9]

> Error in rsync protocol data stream

> Rsync.exe returned an error. Will try again. This is retry number 1 of 5

I get similar errors regularly

>> sending incremental file list
>> attempt to hack rsync failed.
>> rsync error: protocol incompatibility (code 2) at receiver.c(582) [receiver=3.1.0]

Even if nothing is needed to be sent, like in this example.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...