* git/cygwin-packages package repo http URLs incorrect and fail
@ 2022-01-31  7:55 Brian Inglis
From: Brian Inglis @ 2022-01-31  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

In the URLs shown for git/cygwin-packages repo access:

URL	git://cygwin.com/git/cygwin-packages/PKG.git
	http://cygwin.com/git/cygwin-packages/PKG.git
	ssh://cygwin@cygwin.com/git/cygwin-packages/PKG.git

the web URL fails and should be:

	https://cygwin.com/git/?p=git/cygwin-packages/PKG.git

as in the PKG links in the git/cygwin-packages list.

Can't find a ref in the ...htdocs... or I would submit a patch.

* Re: git/cygwin-packages package repo http URLs incorrect and fail
@ 2022-01-31 12:12 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2022-01-31 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Jan 31 00:55, Brian Inglis wrote:
> In the URLs shown for git/cygwin-packages repo access:
>
> URL	git://cygwin.com/git/cygwin-packages/PKG.git
> 	http://cygwin.com/git/cygwin-packages/PKG.git
> 	ssh://cygwin@cygwin.com/git/cygwin-packages/PKG.git
>
> the web URL fails and should be:
>
> 	https://cygwin.com/git/?p=git/cygwin-packages/PKG.git
>
> as in the PKG links in the git/cygwin-packages list.
>
> Can't find a ref in the ...htdocs... or I would submit a patch.

Apps have their own htdocs for historical reasons:
https://cygwin.com/git/cygwin-apps/htdocs.git

Thanks,
Corinna

* Re: git/cygwin-packages package repo http URLs incorrect and fail
@ 2022-01-31 12:18 ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2022-01-31 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 31/01/2022 07:55, Brian Inglis wrote:
> In the URLs shown for git/cygwin-packages repo access:
>
> URL    git://cygwin.com/git/cygwin-packages/PKG.git
>      http://cygwin.com/git/cygwin-packages/PKG.git
>      ssh://cygwin@cygwin.com/git/cygwin-packages/PKG.git
>
> the web URL fails and should be:
>
>      https://cygwin.com/git/?p=git/cygwin-packages/PKG.git
>
> as in the PKG links in the git/cygwin-packages list.

No.  Between the URL for git access with git transport and the URL for
git access with ssh transport, is the URL for git access with http
transport, not the URL of the page you are looking at.

> Can't find a ref in the ...htdocs... or I would submit a patch.

This URL comes from the gitweb configuration, which isn't checked into
that repo (for no good reason, so I'll see what I can do about that...)

* Re: git/cygwin-packages package repo http URLs incorrect and fail
@ 2022-01-31 20:22   ` Brian Inglis
From: Brian Inglis @ 2022-01-31 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2022-01-31 05:18, Jon Turney wrote:
> On 31/01/2022 07:55, Brian Inglis wrote:
>> In the URLs shown for git/cygwin-packages repo access:
>>
>> URL    git://cygwin.com/git/cygwin-packages/PKG.git
>>      http://cygwin.com/git/cygwin-packages/PKG.git
>>      ssh://cygwin@cygwin.com/git/cygwin-packages/PKG.git
>>
>> the web URL fails and should be:
>>
>>      https://cygwin.com/git/?p=git/cygwin-packages/PKG.git
>>
>> as in the PKG links in the git/cygwin-packages list.
>
> No.  Between the URL for git access with git transport and the URL for
> git access with ssh transport, is the URL for git access with http
> transport, not the URL of the page you are looking at.

Thanks, that explains my difficulty checking if repos exist using
commands, to avoid the load on the server of pulling up the project
list, the long delay waiting for it to populate, then manually ^F to
Find the package!

I guess we just have to remember with gitweb to copy the git portion and
insert '?p=' between the occurrences.