* Installing on NT
@ 2000-01-21 16:50 Adam Boyet
From: Adam Boyet @ 2000-01-21 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

When I double click on the full.exe file the command
window says: "This program can not run in DOS mode". I
am trying to install Cygwin from scratch. What am I missing?

* Re: Installing on NT
@ 2000-01-21 18:43 ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-01-21 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adam Boyet; +Cc: cygwin

On Fri, Jan 21, 2000 at 04:50:52PM -0800, Adam Boyet wrote:
>When I double click on the full.exe file the command
>window says: "This program can not run in DOS mode". I
>am trying to install Cygwin from scratch. What am I missing?

A valid full.exe?

Try downloading it again and comparing the size when you're
done.  Also make sure that you're using binary mode if you
are using ftp.

cgf

* Re: Installing on NT
@ 2000-01-22 15:08 ` Michael Hirmke
From: Michael Hirmke @ 2000-01-22 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi Adam,

>When I double click on the full.exe file the command
>window says: "This program can not run in DOS mode". I
>am trying to install Cygwin from scratch. What am I missing?

There must have gone something wrong with your download, so the full.exe
binary seems to be broken.
If you download with for example with Netscape, try to right klick the
download link and choose "save as" instead of a regular klick.
If you use some ftp client, be sure to use binary mode.

Bye.
Michael.
--
Michael Hirmke           | Telefon +49 (911) 557999
Georg-Strobel-Strasse 81 | FAX     +49 (911) 557664
                         | WWW     http://aquarius.franken.de/

* Re: Installing on NT
@ 2000-01-22 12:39 Adam Boyet
From: Adam Boyet @ 2000-01-22 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)