* [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: guile-3.0.9-2
@ 2023-05-14  6:38 Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-announce
From: Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-announce @ 2023-05-14  6:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Version 3.0.9-2 of

   guile3.0
   libguile3.0-devel
   libguile3.0_1

have been uploaded for cygwin.

CYGWIN NOTE
"guile" package has been obsoleted

The package postinstallation script uses alternatives(8)
to install a symlink for /usr/bin/{guile,guild,guile-config}
programs.

CYGWIN CHANGES
Rebuilt with backported upstream patches to solve the problem reported on
https://sourceware.org/pipermail/cygwin/2023-May/253622.html

CHANGES
Latest upstream bugfix releases.
https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/news/gnu-guile-309-released.html

DESCRIPTION
Guile is an implementation of the Scheme programming language,
supporting the Revised5 and most of the Revised6 language
reports, as well as many SRFIs.
Guile is designed to help programmers create flexible applications
that can be extended by users or other programmers with plug-ins,
modules, or scripts.

HOMEPAGE
https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/

Regards

Marco Atzeri

If you have questions or comments, please send them to the
cygwin mailing list at: cygwin (at) cygwin (dot) com .

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: guile-3.0.9-2
@ 2023-06-01  1:45 ` Mike Gran
From: Mike Gran @ 2023-06-01  1:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-announce

On Saturday, May 13, 2023 at 11:40:01 PM PDT, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-announce via Cygwin <cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:

> Version 3.0.9-2 of

>   guile3.0
>   libguile3.0-devel
>   libguile3.0_1

> have been uploaded for cygwin.

Hello Marco and Cygwin:

Where can I find the source patches that Cygwin uses for guile3.0?

On Github, for some project, I'm trying to make my own
CI/CD nightly build of upstream Guile's main branch on a
handful of OSs, and I'm having a bit of trouble getting Cygwin
to build.

If anyone's curious, here's my Github Action YML so far.

https://github.com/spk121/guile/blob/main-patches/.github/workflows/windows-cygwin.yml

Regards,
Mike Gran

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: guile-3.0.9-2
@ 2023-06-01  5:51   ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2023-06-01  5:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 01/06/2023 03:45, Mike Gran via Cygwin wrote:
> On Saturday, May 13, 2023 at 11:40:01 PM PDT, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-announce via Cygwin <cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:
>
>> Version 3.0.9-2 of
>
>>     guile3.0
>>     libguile3.0-devel
>>     libguile3.0_1
>
>> have been uploaded for cygwin.
>
> Hello Marco and Cygwin:
>
> Where can I find the source patches that Cygwin uses for guile3.0?
>
> On Github, for some project, I'm trying to make my own
> CI/CD nightly build of upstream Guile's main branch on a
> handful of OSs, and I'm having a bit of trouble getting Cygwin
> to build.
>
> If anyone's curious, here's my Github Action YML so far.
>
> https://github.com/spk121/guile/blob/main-patches/.github/workflows/windows-cygwin.yml
>
> Regards,
> Mike Gran

Hi Mike,
download the source package.
You can use setup to install it or going directly to one of the mirror like

https://mirrors.kernel.org/sourceware/cygwin/x86_64/release/guile3.0/

All the patches and the cygport script to build it are there

I have not yet (moved) uploaded the guile cygwin patches in the expected
canonical repository for cygwin.
It is on the long TODO list

regards
Marco

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: guile-3.0.9-2
@ 2023-06-01  6:05   ` Brian Inglis
From: Brian Inglis @ 2023-06-01  6:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: Mike Gran

On 2023-05-31 19:45, Mike Gran wrote:
> On Saturday, May 13, 2023 at 11:40:01 PM PDT, Marco Atzeri wrote:
>> Version 3.0.9-2 of
>>     guile3.0
>>     libguile3.0-devel
>>     libguile3.0_1
>> have been uploaded for cygwin.

> Where can I find the source patches that Cygwin uses for guile3.0?

Inside the source package which includes the cygport package build script
definitions plus any patches or custom files or build scripts if required:
install the source package using the Cygwin Setup program setup-x86_64 or
download it from your local mirror path as

	https://.../x86_64/release/guile3.0/guile3.0-V-R-src.tar.*z*

e.g.

https://mirrors.kernel.org/sourceware/cygwin/x86_64/release/guile3.0/guile3.0-3.0.9-2-src.tar.xz

Extract it, change to the extracted directory, then run:

	$ cygport guile3.0.cygport get all check

possibly in the background, with redirections to logs, and/or nohup.

                                 -- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: guile-3.0.9-2
@ 2023-06-01 13:52     ` Mike Gran
From: Mike Gran @ 2023-06-01 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marco Atzeri; +Cc: cygwin

On Thu, Jun 01, 2023 at 07:51:55AM +0200, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin wrote:
> Hi Mike,
> download the source package.
> You can use setup to install it or going directly to one of the mirror like
>
> https://mirrors.kernel.org/sourceware/cygwin/x86_64/release/guile3.0/
>
> All the patches and the cygport script to build it are there

Got it.

> I have not yet (moved) uploaded the guile cygwin patches in the expected
> canonical repository for cygwin.
> It is on the long TODO list

Thanks you for your hard work.

Regards,