* name pattern for snapshots has changed
@ 2016-02-12 17:17 Denis Excoffier
From: Denis Excoffier @ 2016-02-12 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

Don't know if it is intended, but the last snapshot still belongs to the 2.4.1s version,
which can be seen with 'uname -a' (if installed) and also
in ./winsup/cygwin/include/cygwin/version.h (if not installed):

#define CYGWIN_VERSION_DLL_MAJOR 2004
#define CYGWIN_VERSION_DLL_MINOR 1

This is unexpected since the 2.4.1-1 version has been out since 2016-01-21.

Regards,

Denis Excoffier.

P.S. Also, see subject.

* Re: name pattern for snapshots has changed
@ 2016-02-12 20:29 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2016-02-12 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Feb 12 18:17, Denis Excoffier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Don't know if it is intended, but the last snapshot still belongs to the 2.4.1s version,
> which can be seen with 'uname -a' (if installed) and also
> in ./winsup/cygwin/include/cygwin/version.h (if not installed):
>
> #define CYGWIN_VERSION_DLL_MAJOR 2004
> #define CYGWIN_VERSION_DLL_MINOR 1
>
> This is unexpected since the 2.4.1-1 version has been out since 2016-01-21.

Thanks for the heads up.  I missed to bump the version number in
the master branch.  Fixed now.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: name pattern for snapshots has changed
@ 2016-02-12 20:55 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2016-02-12 20:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Feb 12 18:17, Denis Excoffier wrote:
> P.S. Also, see subject.

The naming scheme change was deliberate.  While Achim revamped the
layout, we discussed getting rid of the winsup-src-* files entirely
and to use a naming scheme a bit more aligned to the naming scheme
in the distro.

Corinna

Red Hat

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: name pattern for snapshots has changed
@ 2016-02-12 21:50   ` Henri
From: Henri @ 2016-02-12 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin <at> cygwin.com> writes:

> On Feb 12 18:17, Denis Excoffier wrote:
> > P.S. Also, see subject.
>
> The naming scheme change was deliberate.  While Achim revamped the
> layout, we discussed getting rid of the winsup-src-* files entirely
> and to use a naming scheme a bit more aligned to the naming scheme
> in the distro.

> While Achim revamped the layout ...

I selected a 'list' on snapshots and expected to get a list of files.

The list that I selected links to

    https://cygwin.com/snapshots/x86/cygwin-20160212-src.tar
(i.e. not a text file ...)

    and yields the '500 internal server error'.

Each and every 'list' appears to link to a .tar file ...

Cannot help but feeling this is wrong ...

Regards,
Henri

* Re: name pattern for snapshots has changed
@ 2016-02-13  7:57     ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2016-02-13  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Henri writes:
> I selected a 'list' on snapshots and expected to get a list of files.
>
> The list that I selected links to
>
>     https://cygwin.com/snapshots/x86/cygwin-20160212-src.tar
> (i.e. not a text file ...)

That's been this way forever and the webserver is configured to deliver
these as HTML.

>     and yields the '500 internal server error'.
>
> Each and every 'list' appears to link to a .tar file ...
>
> Cannot help but feeling this is wrong ...

Yes, looks like somewhere in the web server config the names need to to
be changed as well.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER:

* Re: name pattern for snapshots has changed
@ 2016-02-13 16:57     ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2016-02-13 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Henri writes:
> I selected a 'list' on snapshots and expected to get a list of files.

I'v e removed the listings on request of Corinna.  There was some
problem with the server configuration that we can't fix and the source
tree can easily be brwosed via Git (link is provided above the snapshot
table),