* Fork Failures
@ 2015-04-29 15:06 Anne Linden
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Anne Linden @ 2015-04-29 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

My machine started having fork failures, so I found the documentation
on fork failures and am trying to fix it.  However the rebaseall -v
command will not run.  I only ever get back the response "only ash or
dash processes are allowed during rebasing Exit all Cygwin processes
and stop all Cygwin services"

However when I run ps -a it only lists the bash process and the ps
process, so I'm very confused as how to fix this. I've restarted the
computer, but get the same results.

I am running bash.exe as an admin for all of this, FYI

Thanks,
Anne

* RE: Fork Failures
@ 2015-04-29 15:19 ` Rockefeller, Harry
From: Rockefeller, Harry @ 2015-04-29 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
From: cyg Simple @ 2015-04-29 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> My machine started having fork failures, so I found the documentation on fork
> failures and am trying to fix it.  However the rebaseall -v command will not run.
> I only ever get back the response "only ash or dash processes are allowed during
> rebasing Exit all Cygwin processes and stop all Cygwin services"
>
> However when I run ps -a it only lists the bash process and the ps process, so I'm
> very confused as how to fix this. I've restarted the computer, but get the same
> results.
>
> I am running bash.exe as an admin for all of this, FYI

Bash is not ash or dash.  The error message is specific enough for you to have figured this out on your own.

From a Windows CMD Console open the ash.exe program then execute the command.

--
cyg Simple

* Re: Fork Failures
@ 2015-04-29 17:40 ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2015-04-29 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Anne Linden writes:
> My machine started having fork failures, so I found the documentation
> on fork failures and am trying to fix it.  However the rebaseall -v
> command will not run.  I only ever get back the response "only ash or
> dash processes are allowed during rebasing Exit all Cygwin processes
> and stop all Cygwin services"

Yes, you need to run this from a CMD window where you started dash.
Besides, you really don't need to do this anymore, just run

$ rebase-trigger fullrebase

in a Cygwin shell, then shut down all Cygwin processes still running and
run setup.exe again.

Regards,
Achim.