* [ANNOUNCEMENT] New: libzip-0.11.1-1
@ 2013-09-11 21:48 Yaakov (Cygwin/X)
From: Yaakov (Cygwin/X) @ 2013-09-11 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

The following packages have been added to the distro for both arches:

* libzip-0.11.1-1
* libzip2-0.11.1-1
* libzip-devel-0.11.1-1

LibZip is a C library for reading, creating, and modifying zip archives.
Files can be added from data buffers, files, or compressed data copied
directly from other zip archives.  Changes made without closing the
archive can be reverted.

--

Yaakov
Cygwin/X

email header of this message.  Send email to the address specified
there.  It will be in the format:

If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:

Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New: libzip-0.11.1-1
@ 2013-09-19  1:07 ` Dr. Volker Zell
From: Dr. Volker Zell @ 2013-09-19  1:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

    > The following packages have been added to the distro for both arches:
    > * libzip-0.11.1-1
    > * libzip2-0.11.1-1
    > * libzip-devel-0.11.1-1

Thanks Yaakov, but when trying to build pstoedit (32bit) with it, I have
to artificially add CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/lib/libzip/include to my
pstoedit.cygport file in order to find the following header file:

 o  /usr/lib/libzip/include/zipconf.h

Is this a packaging problem ??, it seems zipconf.h belongs to
/usr/include.

Ciao
  Volker

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New: libzip-0.11.1-1
@ 2013-09-23  9:18   ` Yaakov (Cygwin/X)
From: Yaakov (Cygwin/X) @ 2013-09-23  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 2013-09-18 14:09, Dr. Volker Zell wrote:
> Thanks Yaakov, but when trying to build pstoedit (32bit) with it, I have
> to artificially add CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/lib/libzip/include to my
> pstoedit.cygport file in order to find the following header file:
>
>   o  /usr/lib/libzip/include/zipconf.h
>
> Is this a packaging problem ??, it seems zipconf.h belongs to
> /usr/include.

This is correct, and a recent upstream change; since this header is
arch/configuration-specific, it is therefore shipped in this location.
Ultimately, pstoedit will need to be patched to use e.g.
PKG_CHECK_MODULES(LIBZIP, libzip) and set LIBZIP_CFLAGS and LIBZIP_LIBS
instead of the AC_CHECK_HEADER/AC_CHECK_LIB it is probably using now.

Yaakov