* Is it possible to include golang and rust to cygwin?
@ 2021-12-18  8:08 C,C H
From: C,C H @ 2021-12-18  8:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi, Team,

I am looking for making golang and rust codes compiled in cygwin, but it
seems not easy to build these compilers from scratch.

Currently, cygwin does not provide golang and rust compilers.

As far as I know, these popular programming languages are ported to msys2.

Is it possible to provide these pipular language compilers?

Best regards.

* Re: Is it possible to include golang and rust to cygwin?
@ 2021-12-18  8:43 ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2021-12-18  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 18.12.2021 09:08, C,C H wrote:
> Hi, Team,
>
> I am looking for making golang and rust codes compiled in cygwin, but it
> seems not easy to build these compilers from scratch.

likely. Compilers tend to be complex software.
Also for CLANG we are missing recent releases.

If you need help, show some problems on this mailing
and who is competent can try to give  you an help

https://cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.using.missing-packages

> Best regards.

Regards
Marco

* Re: Is it possible to include golang and rust to cygwin?
@ 2021-12-18  9:45 ` ASSI
From: ASSI @ 2021-12-18  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

C,C H writes:
> I am looking for making golang and rust codes compiled in cygwin, but it
> seems not easy to build these compilers from scratch.

Rust is a lost cause, there were some discussions among their developers
that went nowhere.  Their stance is "we support one compiler for
Windows, that's enough".

> Currently, cygwin does not provide golang and rust compilers.

In principle gcc-go should be easiest to get off the ground, although I
have no idea if it'd provide a native target that cooperates with the
rest of Go.  Similarly to Rust the Go developers seem to think "we have
one working Windows toolchain" and see Cygwin and MSys just as providing
cross compilers.

> As far as I know, these popular programming languages are ported to msys2.

No, there's only the cross-compiler AFAIK and only because even the rust
folks recognized that requiring MSVC unconditionally wasn't going to fly.

> Is it possible to provide these pipular language compilers?

PTC -- go ahead and put in the effort.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER: