* openldap server package?
@ 2023-08-15 14:46 Cedric Blancher
From: Cedric Blancher @ 2023-08-15 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Good afternoon!

Does Cygwin has an openldap server package? So far I could only find
the client libraries and tool, but not the slapd server.

Ced
--
Cedric Blancher <cedric.blancher@gmail.com>
[https://plus.google.com/u/0/+CedricBlancher/]

* Re: openldap server package?
@ 2023-08-15 19:18 ` ASSI
From: ASSI @ 2023-08-15 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Cedric Blancher via Cygwin writes:
> Does Cygwin has an openldap server package? So far I could only find
> the client libraries and tool, but not the slapd server.

As noted in the package announcements for openldap for quite some time,
upstream has removed the only database backend that was (semi-)working
in Cygwin and has no intention of making the non-working backends
functional on Cygwin, as they don't think Cygwin support is important
and they are working on their supported platforms just fine.  If anybody
comes up with an explanation for exactly why these don't work on Cygwin
and how to fix that, I'd consider taking patches even if they are not
upstream(able).

Regards,
Achim.

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld: