* Please update qt5 package
@ 2021-08-15  4:30 hung.nguyengia
From: hung.nguyengia @ 2021-08-15  4:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Cygwin is stuck at qt5.9. Many projects now requires at least qt5.12 and recommended qt5.15. Also please package qtwebengine and possibly qtwebkit, too. Thanks.

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

* Re: Please update qt5 package
@ 2021-08-15 17:58 ` Ken Brown
From: Ken Brown @ 2021-08-15 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 8/15/2021 12:30 AM, hung.nguyengia via Cygwin wrote:
> Cygwin is stuck at qt5.9. Many projects now requires at least qt5.12 and recommended qt5.15. Also please package qtwebengine and possibly qtwebkit, too. Thanks.

Unfortunately, we currently have no qt5 maintainer.  Would you like to
volunteer?  If so, start reading at

   https://cygwin.com/packages.html

and follow up on the cygwin-apps mailing list if you need help.

Ken

* Re: Please update qt5 package
@ 2021-08-15 19:23 ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2021-08-15 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

hung.nguyengia via Cygwin writes:
> Cygwin is stuck at qt5.9. Many projects now requires at least qt5.12
> and recommended qt5.15.

You're not telling anybody anything new.  Cygwin currently doesn't have
a maintainer for the Qt5 (and many other desktop related) packages, so
until that changes you'll see these languishing.

I've tried to pull the base package up to 5.15.2 some time ago, but I
didn't quite manage to coerce qmake into treating things correctly on
Cygwin.  It builds with BOOTSTRAP=1, but uses an ugly workaround in the
Makefiles and required some manual intervention along the way IIRC.  I
have no further time to spend on this for the foreseeable future and
obviously once the base package is updated you'd have to deal with all
the other packages that depend on it (and then do it all over again once
_that_ is done since qt5-base needs some of the downstream packages to
fully build).

If anybody wants to take it from where I left, look here:

https://cygwin.com/git?p=git/cygwin-packages/qt5-base.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/playground

then head over to the cygwin-apps mailing list to discuss.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER: