* [Attn: base-files maintainer] Changing /etc/profile to add more shell-dependent settings
@ 2015-10-14 15:53 Adam Dinwoodie
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Adam Dinwoodie @ 2015-10-14 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Achim,

The /etc/defaults/etc/profile file in base-files has a section at the
end to import scripts in /etc/profile.d, but this currently only works
with zsh.

Can this section be expanded to make calls as appropriate for other
shells?  I'm particularly interested in Fish and Bash, although I don't
see any reason to limit the change to those shells.

I care about this because I'm currently investigating packaging fzf[0].
The obvious way to include the shell-specific keyboard shortcuts for fzf
is to add them to /etc/profile.d, but currently that only works for
Z-Shell.

I'm happy to provide a patch if that'd make things easier.

Adam

[0]: https://github.com/junegunn/fzf