* Autotools support group, forum, mailing list, ???
       [not found] <mailman.32949.1474579232.16918.mingw-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
@ 2016-09-22 22:35 ` HiTech HiTouch
From: HiTech HiTouch @ 2016-09-22 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Please forgive the somewhat off topic, but people who use
Autotools and Mingw hang here and may be able to point me.

I'm looking for a central place where people ask questions about
Autotools (autoconf automake, etc.).  My google-ing finds (in
addition to the manuals) only mailing list and blogs, all of which
haven't had significant activity for years, like 2013, 2007, 2004.
I find no BBS systems (forums) in use.

The most questioners seem to be on the various stackexchange
communities, pick one, pick many.

Where should one go to ask questions, pray tell?

PS:  I'm trying to build the tool chain for Arduino IDE by cross
compiling.  I am using MinGW 4.9.2 on WIndows XP SP3 32 bit to
produce tools that run on native win32 (32 bit windows) and
produce code for ARM.  I've been given the avr tool chain package
produced using Autotools for my starting point.

PPS: The Autotools anchor,
https://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/autoconf.html, has a bad
pointer to its mailing list archive.  Letting google do the work,
there is nothing in that last several years for XP, Windows, or
win32 save for spam.

@ 2016-09-23  8:00   ` Alberto Luaces
From: Alberto Luaces @ 2016-09-23  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

HiTech HiTouch writes:

> PPS: The Autotools anchor,
> https://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/autoconf.html, has a bad pointer
> to its mailing list archive.  Letting google do the work, there is
> nothing in that last several years for XP, Windows, or win32 save for
> spam.

Something is weird here: the link you posted leads to a fully working
mailing list archive, including messages in this month.  Automake list
archives are working as well.  Besides that, I am subscribed to both
lists and they are working perfectly.

--
Alberto

@ 2016-10-02  6:55   ` Duncan Roe
From: Duncan Roe @ 2016-10-02  6:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 06:13:07PM -0400, HiTech HiTouch wrote:
> Please forgive the somewhat off topic, but people who use Autotools and
> Mingw hang here and may be able to point me.
>
> I'm looking for a central place where people ask questions about Autotools
> (autoconf automake, etc.).  My google-ing finds (in addition to the manuals)
> only mailing list and blogs, all of which haven't had significant activity
> for years, like 2013, 2007, 2004. I find no BBS systems (forums) in use.
>
> The most questioners seem to be on the various stackexchange communities,
> pick one, pick many.
>
> Where should one go to ask questions, pray tell?
>

> PS:  I'm trying to build the tool chain for Arduino IDE by cross compiling.
> I am using MinGW 4.9.2 on WIndows XP SP3 32 bit to produce tools that run on
> native win32 (32 bit windows) and produce code for ARM.  I've been given the
> avr tool chain package produced using Autotools for my starting point.
>
> PPS: The Autotools anchor,
> https://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/autoconf.html, has a bad pointer to
> its mailing list archive.  Letting google do the work, there is nothing in
> that last several years for XP, Windows, or win32 save for spam.

Hi HiTech,

Have you tried "info Automake" and "info Autoconf" on your installation?

They give you much more information than the man pages - automake even has a
"Hello World" example.

Cheers ... Duncan.