* Perl 5.30
@ 2019-08-25 19:05 Ken Brown
From: Ken Brown @ 2019-08-25 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi Achim,

I'm wondering what your plans are regarding perl-5.30.  I'm asking because the
biber author has announced that biber-2.14 will require perl-5.30.  We probably
have about six months until the release of biber-2.14, but I'm just trying to
plan ahead.

Thanks.

Ken

* Re: Perl 5.30
@ 2019-08-25 19:07 ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2019-08-25 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Ken Brown writes:
> I'm wondering what your plans are regarding perl-5.30.  I'm asking because the
> biber author has announced that biber-2.14 will require perl-5.30.  We probably
> have about six months until the release of biber-2.14, but I'm just trying to
> plan ahead.

I wasn't planning to ship 5.30.0 (most Linux distros still hold out at
5.28 which Cygwin skips) and wanted to wait until 5.30.1 (this comes
typically between four and six months after the .0 release).

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: Perl 5.30
@ 2019-09-08 11:03 ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2019-09-08 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Ken Brown writes:
> I'm wondering what your plans are regarding perl-5.30.  I'm asking because the
> biber author has announced that biber-2.14 will require perl-5.30.  We probably
> have about six months until the release of biber-2.14, but I'm just trying to
> plan ahead.

I've uploaded 5.30.0 as a test release.  You will have to build any
unbundled Perl distributions yourself (cygwin-packages.git it
up-to-date) or let me know the list of distributions you need.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: Perl 5.30
@ 2019-09-08 23:28   ` Ken Brown
From: Ken Brown @ 2019-09-08 23:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 9/8/2019 6:58 AM, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Ken Brown writes:
>> I'm wondering what your plans are regarding perl-5.30.  I'm asking because the
>> biber author has announced that biber-2.14 will require perl-5.30.  We probably
>> have about six months until the release of biber-2.14, but I'm just trying to
>> plan ahead.
>
> I've uploaded 5.30.0 as a test release.  You will have to build any
> unbundled Perl distributions yourself (cygwin-packages.git it
> up-to-date) or let me know the list of distributions you need.

Thanks!

Ken