* Re: Updated: maxima-5.36.0-3
       [not found] <87k2tgovuj.fsf@Rainer.invalid>
@ 2015-08-01  3:58 ` David Billinghurst
From: David Billinghurst @ 2015-08-01  3:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: Stromeko

On 1/08/2015 7:33 AM, Achim Gratz wrote:
> This is the third build of a new upstream release due to an updated
> clisp executable.
By default, maxima built with clisp installs and uses its own local copy
of the clisp executable used to build maxima.  We did this to break the
dependency on the installed version of clisp.   I know you elected not
to this for the cygwin port, but it might be time to reconsider.

* Re: Updated: maxima-5.36.0-3
@ 2015-08-01  6:01   ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2015-08-01  6:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

David Billinghurst writes:
> On 1/08/2015 7:33 AM, Achim Gratz wrote:
>> This is the third build of a new upstream release due to an updated
>> clisp executable.
> By default, maxima built with clisp installs and uses its own local
> copy of the clisp executable used to build maxima.  We did this to
> break the dependency on the installed version of clisp.   I know you
> elected not to this for the cygwin port, but it might be time to
> reconsider.

Thanks for the suggestion.  The clisp rebuild happened due to libsegv
finally becoming available and I don't expect a flurry of further clisp
rebuilds or updates, so I think we're still fine.  Once I get some more
kinks in the build system ironed out I might consider giving the user a
way to rebuild the memory image for maxima, which is the only thing that
really needed to be updated going from -2 to -3.

Regards,
Achim.