* iperf 2.0.13 available
@ 2019-01-23 23:54 Bob McMahon
From: Bob McMahon @ 2019-01-23 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

We've done a lot of work to make iperf 2.0.13 work well on cygwin.  There
are also a lot of new features relevant to the WiFi testing community.  Is
there a contact on how to get this distributed via cgywin apps?

https://sourceforge.net/projects/iperf2/

Thanks
Bob McMahon

* Re: iperf 2.0.13 available
@ 2019-01-24  0:22 ` Vince Rice
From: Vince Rice @ 2019-01-24  0:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> On Jan 23, 2019, at 5:54 PM, Bob McMahon wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> We've done a lot of work to make iperf 2.0.13 work well on cygwin.  There
> are also a lot of new features relevant to the WiFi testing community.  Is
> there a contact on how to get this distributed via cgywin apps?

https://cygwin.com/cygwin-pkg-maint shows that iperf has a maintainer. It is up to the maintainers
when updates to their respective packages are built and released.

* Re: iperf 2.0.13 available
@ 2019-01-24 15:26   ` Richard Campbell
From: Richard Campbell @ 2019-01-24 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

While iperf may have a maintainer listed (Joel Johnson), I only see
one release from him and no mailing list posts since that 2015 upload,
so iperf may be orphaned again.

At the time Joel noted that 2.0.5 was the last version prior to a
fork, but that he deliberately didn't pick that version due to an
incompatible change, so if that's the source of the current iperf
2.0.13, that iperf fork may also not have a maintainer.

https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin-apps/2015-07/msg00052.html
https://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/search.cgi?q=joel+johnson&cmd=Search%21&form=extended&m=all&ps=10&fmt=long&wm=wrd&sp=1&sy=1&wf=2221&type=&GroupBySite=no&ul=%2Fml%2Fcygwin%25

-Richard Campbell.

* Re: iperf 2.0.13 available
@ 2019-01-24 19:10 ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2019-01-24 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Bob McMahon writes:
> We've done a lot of work to make iperf 2.0.13 work well on cygwin.  There
> are also a lot of new features relevant to the WiFi testing community.  Is
> there a contact on how to get this distributed via cgywin apps?

Either the current maintainer does an update or, if that doesn't come to
pass for whatever reason, you send an ITA for the package over on the
cygwin-apps mailing list.

Regards,
Achim.