* stuff running slowly
@ 2012-08-27  2:59 arnold
From: arnold @ 2012-08-27  2:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi.  Please cc me on any answers, as I am not subscribed to the list.

I have a recent (a few weeeks old) cygwin install on my Win 7 laptop
Core i5 (Sandy Bridge) + an SSD.

When I first did the install I thought I saw a performance improvement
over the ~ 1 year old install I had.  In the past two weeks though, it
has slowed way down.  Running

	./configure && make && make check

in the gawk master branch takes close to half an hour, maybe more!  On
simlar hardware under Linux, it takes less than a minute.

I had to disable the bash_completion stuff at startup to even get a
shell prompt within a reasonable amount of time.

Clerly something is wrong somewhere, but I'm not a Windows god so I
have no idea where to look.

Any and all suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Arnold Robbins
(Gawk maintainer)