From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de>
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: vmstat yields error 'Unable to create system stat structure' on W11x64
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2023 20:37:28 +0100	[thread overview]

Corinna Vinschen via Cygwin writes:
> Achim, I still wonder if vmstat shouldn't also work on Linux if the
> kernel hasn't been built with CONFIG_SMP.  Does the vmstat code fail
> to take that into account?

The only thing that seems affected is "core id" and that should actually
be initialitzed as "0" anyway… but on Cygwin the empty line that closes
the processor block is missing, so that is where it actually breaks.

As for the attempt to dynload libnuma, that should be preventable by
disabling it during configure (although I wonder why configure didn't
pick that up when the library is missing entirely, but that's another
story).  THe result still is the same, NUMA support is unavailable in
top.

Regards,
Achim.