From: Adam Dinwoodie <adam@dinwoodie.org>
To: System Administrator <sysadm@prs.de>,
	"cygwin@cygwin.com" <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Subject: Re: vmstat yields error 'Unable to create system stat structure' on W11x64
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2023 22:19:06 +0000	[thread overview]

On Sun, 15 Jan 2023 at 22:05, System Administrator via Cygwin wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to migrate my framework to Windows 11 running Cygwin.
> When executing vmstat it returns the following error:
>
> "Unable to create system stat structure”
>
> Using the very same packages (install files) on Windows 10, produces the proper vmstat results (i.e. no error).
> I’ve tried W11 pro and Enterprise - same difference (none.) Windows 11 is running in a VMware VM. W11 is the December version wit the latest updates (as of today).
> The working W10 is running on the same physical hardware, using the same version of VMware, also in a VM.
> Cygwin is the latest version 3.4.3, with the latest props-ng package (4.0.2-1)
>
> Any help (or at least hint) is greatly appreciated.

Can you provide the cygcheck output, per
https://cygwin.com/problems.html? It might be useful to have the
cygcheck output from both the Win10 and Win11 VMs to compare, but the
Win11 VM where things aren't working is going to be the most useful
one there.

It might also be useful to know how you're calling vmstat: are you
doing it from a Cygwin Bash shell within MinTTY, or from a PowerShell
prompt using Windows' console, or something else? And are you running
with Administrator privileges?