* Does cygwin have an 'autorun' utility/package?
@ 2022-01-16 14:46 Mark Hansen
From: Mark Hansen @ 2022-01-16 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I have an application running under Linux which I would like to move to Windows
(with Cygwin). This application depends on getting notifications when a CD Rom
drive status has changed (like audio CD inserted, ejected, etc.). For this, I
use a Linux utility application named 'autorun':

https://linux.die.net/man/1/autorun

What's nice about this application is it can be configured to send notifications when
various drive events occur.

I've looked through the package list for Cygwin and don't see anything like this.

Does Cygwin have anything that could work?

My Windows/C skills are about 20 years old so I was hoping to find an existing utility
application that can provide this functionality, rather than try write my own.