* Request new nasm package
@ 2017-06-23  0:23 Steven Penny
From: Steven Penny @ 2017-06-23  0:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Please update the NASM (Netwide Assembler) package. Current version is:

    2.10.07 (Jan 2013)

x264 now requires at least:

    2.13 (Apr 2017)

- http://github.com/cygwinports/nasm
- http://github.com/mirror/x264/commit/d2b5f48
- http://nasm.us/pub/nasm/releasebuilds

* Re: Request new nasm package
@ 2017-06-26  8:50 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2017-06-26  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Jun 22 17:22, Steven Penny wrote:
> Please update the NASM (Netwide Assembler) package. Current version is:
>
>    2.10.07 (Jan 2013)

On x86 it's only 2.10.05.

> x264 now requires at least:
>
>    2.13 (Apr 2017)

We actually didn't read from the nasm maintainer Dean Scarff since 2012.
Dean (in Bcc), are you still out there somehwere?  Any chance to update
nasm to a newer release?

If Dean doesn't reply the next couple of days, the nasm package will
be in need of a new maintainer...

Corinna

Red Hat

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Request new nasm package
@ 2017-06-28 14:56   ` Doug Henderson
From: Doug Henderson @ 2017-06-28 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 26 June 2017 at 02:50, Corinna Vinschen  wrote:
> On Jun 22 17:22, Steven Penny wrote:
>> Please update the NASM (Netwide Assembler) package. Current version is:
>>
>>    2.10.07 (Jan 2013)
>
> On x86 it's only 2.10.05.
>
>> x264 now requires at least:
>>
>>    2.13 (Apr 2017)
>>

> We actually didn't read from the nasm maintainer Dean Scarff since 2012.
> Dean (in Bcc), are you still out there somehwere?  Any chance to update
> nasm to a newer release?
>
> If Dean doesn't reply the next couple of days, the nasm package will
> be in need of a new maintainer...

I am interested in maintaining the nasm package.

--
Doug Henderson, Calgary, Alberta, Canada - from gmail.com

* Re: Request new nasm package
@ 2017-06-29 10:59     ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2017-06-29 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Jun 28 08:56, Doug Henderson wrote:
> On 26 June 2017 at 02:50, Corinna Vinschen  wrote:
> > On Jun 22 17:22, Steven Penny wrote:
> >> Please update the NASM (Netwide Assembler) package. Current version is:
> >>
> >>    2.10.07 (Jan 2013)
> >
> > On x86 it's only 2.10.05.
> >
> >> x264 now requires at least:
> >>
> >>    2.13 (Apr 2017)
> >>

> > We actually didn't read from the nasm maintainer Dean Scarff since 2012.
> > Dean (in Bcc), are you still out there somehwere?  Any chance to update
> > nasm to a newer release?
> >
> > If Dean doesn't reply the next couple of days, the nasm package will
> > be in need of a new maintainer...
>
> I am interested in maintaining the nasm package.

Cool!  Just send your package ITA with package info to the
cygwin-apps list.  It seems Dean isn't available anymore.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Request new nasm package
@ 2017-08-01  7:27   ` Dean Scarff
From: Dean Scarff @ 2017-08-01  7:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

 On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 10:50:17 +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Jun 22 17:22, Steven Penny wrote:
>> Please update the NASM (Netwide Assembler) package. Current version
>> is:
>>
>>    2.10.07 (Jan 2013)
>
> On x86 it's only 2.10.05.
>
>> x264 now requires at least:
>>
>>    2.13 (Apr 2017)
>>

> We actually didn't read from the nasm maintainer Dean Scarff since
> 2012.
> Dean (in Bcc), are you still out there somehwere?  Any chance to
> update
> nasm to a newer release?
>
> If Dean doesn't reply the next couple of days, the nasm package will
> be in need of a new maintainer...

 I'm still alive, but obviously haven't been actively maintaining the
 nasm package. :)

 Glad to see Michal picked it up for the 2.13.01 release.