* Re: Various packages rebuilt for dependencies
       [not found] <2279e799-3a37-6643-304b-857e76f615eb@cygwin.com>
@ 2017-03-28 19:18 ` Chad Dougherty
From: Chad Dougherty @ 2017-03-28 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2017-03-22 17:44, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> The following packages have been uploaded to the Cygwin distribution:

[...]
> * vim-8.0.0494-1

I have a new problem with this update.  When I invoke vim as
/usr/bin/vi.exe, as I have for many, many years, I get this error:

$ vi /usr/share/vim/vim80/defaults.vim
Error detected while processing /usr/share/vim/vim80/defaults.vim:
line  100:
E10: \ should be followed by /, ? or &
line  101:
E10: \ should be followed by /, ? or &
line  102:
E10: \ should be followed by /, ? or &
line  114:
E10: \ should be followed by /, ? or &
Press ENTER or type command to continue

Pressing enter allows me to continue but the error reporting is new.

Thanks...

	-Chad

* Re: Various packages rebuilt for dependencies
@ 2017-03-29 22:11   ` Ian Lambert via cygwin
From: Ian Lambert via cygwin @ 2017-03-29 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On March 28, 2017 3:16:08 PM EDT, Chad Dougherty <dougherty477@comcast.net> wrote:
>On 2017-03-22 17:44, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
>> The following packages have been uploaded to the Cygwin distribution:
>>
>[...]
>> * vim-8.0.0494-1
>
>I have a new problem with this update.  When I invoke vim as
>/usr/bin/vi.exe, as I have for many, many years, I get this error:
>
>$ vi /usr/share/vim/vim80/defaults.vim
>Error detected while processing /usr/share/vim/vim80/defaults.vim:
>line  100:
>E10: \ should be followed by /, ? or &
>line  101:
>E10: \ should be followed by /, ? or &
>line  102:
>E10: \ should be followed by /, ? or &
>line  114:
>E10: \ should be followed by /, ? or &
>Press ENTER or type command to continue
>

>Pressing enter allows me to continue but the error reporting is new.
>
>Thanks...
>
>	-Chad

I'm seeing the same, in xterms started from the app menu, or started with $xterm &. I don't see the messages in mintty or xterms started with $xterm -ls &.

* Re: Various packages rebuilt for dependencies
@ 2017-03-30  1:30   ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2017-03-30  1:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 2017-03-28 14:16, Chad Dougherty wrote:
> I have a new problem with this update.  When I invoke vim as
> /usr/bin/vi.exe, as I have for many, many years, I get this error:
>
> $ vi /usr/share/vim/vim80/defaults.vim
> Error detected while processing /usr/share/vim/vim80/defaults.vim:
> line  100:
> E10: \ should be followed by /, ? or &
> line  101:
> E10: \ should be followed by /, ? or &
> line  102:
> E10: \ should be followed by /, ? or &
> line  114:
> E10: \ should be followed by /, ? or &
> Press ENTER or type command to continue

Confirmed, so long as vim-common is installed.  I tried today's patchset
and the same occurs.  Please report upstream, and feel free to CC: me on it.

--
Yaakov

* Re: Various packages rebuilt for dependencies
@ 2017-03-31  1:40 Chad Dougherty
From: Chad Dougherty @ 2017-03-31  1:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin, Yaakov Selkowitz

https://github.com/vim/vim/issues/1604