* endless loop with junction points
@ 2024-04-05  8:04 Matthias@gmx.li
From: Matthias@gmx.li @ 2024-04-05  8:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I try to save ACLs during a ssh session to my windows client with an ${priv_user} with following
access rights:
   editrights -a SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege -u ${priv_user}
   editrights -a SeCreateTokenPrivilege -u ${priv_user}
   editrights -a SeTcbPrivilege -u ${priv_user}
   editrights -a SeDenyRemoteInteractiveLogonRight -u ${priv_user}
   editrights -a SeServiceLogonRight -u ${priv_user}

In the ssh terminal I run:
   icacls "C:\Users\*" /save C:\obsAttrib\ACLinfo /T /C /L /Q

Unfortunately it doesn't work because icacls follows junctions points in an endless loop. e.g.:
   C:\Users\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application
   Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application
   Data\Application Data\Application Data\Adobe\ARM\Reader_15.010.20060\meyer\ReaderDCManifest.msi:
   The system cannot find the path specified

If I run the same command from an CMD Terminal (as administrator) it work. icacls don't follow the
junctions. icacls report "Access is denied" for all junction points.

In opposite - if I run ls -R "/cygdrive/C/Users/Application Data" it also don't follow the junction
point.

Any hint how to execute icacls?

Thanks in advance
Matthias

only message in thread, other threads:[~2024-04-05  8:04 UTC | newest]