* Has rename syntax changed?
@ 2020-02-28 12:38 Fergus Daly
From: Fergus Daly @ 2020-02-28 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin@cygwin.com'; +Cc: Fergus Daly

I am almost certain that the command
$ rename "anything" "AnyThing" *.ext
would alter the string from lc to uc as shown, anywhere it occurred in any filename in *.ext in the current directory.
What I remember as past behaviour now fails, leaving he filename unaltered.
(Failure in much the same way as mv would fail if the similar attempt was made.)
(Good old DOS command rename (or the abbreviation ren) used to achieve multiple-rename in an easy manner that just eludes bash.)
Anyway: has something altered (and quite recently, i think), or am I just mis-remembering the versatility of the command rename?
Fergus