* Error installation HEG conversion Tool
@ 2018-11-08 13:37 laura champin
From: laura champin @ 2018-11-08 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello,

I want to install HEG conversion Tool but HEG GUI disappears right after openning. I open a MS DOS command window. In that window I change the directory
    to HEG's bin directory and type HEGTool.bat. and I have the message :

C:\Users\l.champin\Downloads\hegWINv2.14_FullCyg\HEG_Win\bin>HEGTool
      2 [main] hegtool 11632 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer.  Please report this problem to
the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com

What's the problem? What can I do to resolve it?

Thank you for your attention.

Laura Champin (Doctorante)
Département de Géographie - Université d'Angers
LETG-Angers, UMR 6554 CNRS - Angers
2 boulevard Lavoisier 49045 Angers

* Re: Error installation HEG conversion Tool
@ 2018-11-08 14:01 ` Brian Inglis
From: Brian Inglis @ 2018-11-08 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: laura champin

On 2018-11-08 06:37, laura champin wrote:
> I want to install HEG conversion Tool but HEG GUI disappears right after
> opening. I open a MS DOS command window. In that window I change the
> directory to HEG's bin directory and type HEGTool.bat. and I have the message:
> C:\Users\l.champin\Downloads\hegWINv2.14_FullCyg\HEG_Win\bin>HEGTool
> 2 [main] hegtool 11632 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD
> pointer. Please report this problem to the public mailing list
> cygwin@cygwin.com
> What's the problem? What can I do to resolve it?

This is just a warning to please upgrade Cygwin as explained at:

	https://cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.using.fixing-find_fast_cwd-warnings

and please report the issue to whoever produces the software you are using.