* Please upgrade cygwin cmake to 3.3.0
@ 2015-08-17  1:11 Xi Shen
       [not found] ` <BAY169-DS137B082CD912C4D15A16F6A7790@phx.gbl>
From: Xi Shen @ 2015-08-17  1:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

Could you please upgrade cygwin cmake to 3.3.0.

Xi Shen
about.me/davidshen

* Re: Please upgrade cygwin cmake to 3.3.0
@ 2015-08-17  5:04 ` Tony Kelman
       [not found] ` <BAY169-DS137B082CD912C4D15A16F6A7790@phx.gbl>
From: Tony Kelman @ 2015-08-17  5:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> Could you please upgrade cygwin cmake to 3.3.0.

Sure, will do (3.3.1 is available so will build that), give me a few days.

Just out of curiosity, any specific features introduced since 3.1.2 that
you're really wanting to use?

-Tony

* Re: Please upgrade cygwin cmake to 3.3.0
       [not found]   ` <CANO68EN9F47HiFecdzCoLieAkomBhEGV1GuUbd3jzkxJ=ZM5Bg@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2015-08-17  6:44     ` Tony Kelman
From: Tony Kelman @ 2015-08-17  6:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Sorry for sending the first copy of my earlier message off-list accidentally
(I keep doing that).

> Hi Tony,
>
> cmake 3.3.0 has the visual studio generator which is very handy on Windows
> system.
>
> I have tried the separated version on Windows with visual studio 14
> generator, and it works well.
>
> Thanks,
> David

The build of 3.3.1 is going smoothly so far, just checking unit tests now
and should be able to upload soon. But I don't think the cygwin build of
cmake includes the Visual Studio generator. It may have done so some time in
the past, but none of the 3.x or 2.8.x versions I've run any time recently
have done so. Did you see something in the release notes that led you to
believe otherwise? I think you need to use a native build, like from CMake's
website, to get the Visual Studio generator working.

-Tony