* License question (Distribution of cygwin1.dll
@ 2018-05-07 15:21 patrick schmidt
From: patrick schmidt @ 2018-05-07 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello dear Cygwin community,

I want to use iPerf3.exe in an commercial projekt. iPerf uses the MIT
License but needs cygwin1.dll in order to function correctly.

I need to distribute iperf3.exe in our commercial software, but we cant
release the source code of this product. We do not modify cygwin1.dll, just
distribute and the iPerf3.exe is only called as an seperate process.

Does cygwin license allow this and if not is there anyone you can contact
for other licensing options which do not force you to give out the source
code?

Thank you in advance!

* RE: License question (Distribution of cygwin1.dll
@ 2018-05-07 17:54 ` Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E]
From: Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E] @ 2018-05-07 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: patrick schmidt, cygwin

patrick schmidt sent the following at Monday, May 07, 2018 10:28 AM

>I want to use iPerf3.exe in an commercial projekt. iPerf uses the MIT
>License but needs cygwin1.dll in order to function correctly.
>
>I need to distribute iperf3.exe in our commercial software, but we cant
>release the source code of this product. We do not modify cygwin1.dll,
>just distribute and the iPerf3.exe is only called as an seperate
>process.
>
>Does cygwin license allow this and if not is there anyone you can
>contact for other licensing options which do not force you to give out
>the source code?

See page and LGPL links:  https://cygwin.com/licensing.html
FAQ: https://cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.using.bundling-cygwin

- Barry