* Protecting .netrc
       [not found] <CA+7cx1pHS+=+h15rUZ5biSwKb=mxprMx7VadRRqm4Q4MYj+ewg@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2020-04-04 11:41 ` Morten Kjærulff
From: Morten Kjærulff @ 2020-04-04 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi.

No need to say that putting passwords in plain text file is a bad idea.
But if I use .netrc, wouldn't below be a bit (lot?) safer?
Assuming I have a good passphrase on my key.

It seems so simple, that I fear I am not getting anything out of it.

Morten

#!/bin/sh

# Install utils/gnupg2

# gpg2 --generate-key

# mkdir ~/secrets

# gpg2 -e -r YOU@EMAIL.COM <~/.netrc >~/secrets/netrc.enc

# rm ~/.netrc

# mkfifo ~/.netrc

while true ; do
  gpg2 -d <~/secrets/netrc.enc >~/.netrc
done

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-04-04 11:41 UTC | newest]