* 90% of programs are unavailable during install using setup.exe in Windows Vista Home Premium
@ 2012-04-01 21:28 jeff beck
From: jeff beck @ 2012-04-01 21:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I had no problem installing and using Cygwin, however tcsh and most
all programs are marked as n/a.  I Googled for hours and could not
find an answer to this problem. My first concern is getting tcsh.
Secondly, that I am doing something wrong since the majority of the
programs are marked n/a.

I cycled through all the 'views'. I ran setup.exe a second time. No
difference - it showed me what was installed, and there were no
additional programs I could select, all were marked n/a.

Thanks in advance for any help.

uname gives: CYGWIN_NT-6.1-WOW64

I didn't a choice for selecting different versions of Cgywin.

j. Beck

* Re: 90% of programs are unavailable during install using setup.exe in Windows Vista Home Premium
@ 2012-04-01 21:41 ` marco atzeri
From: marco atzeri @ 2012-04-01 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 4/1/2012 11:27 PM, jeff beck wrote:
> I had no problem installing and using Cygwin, however tcsh and most
> all programs are marked as n/a.  I Googled for hours and could not
> find an answer to this problem. My first concern is getting tcsh.
> Secondly, that I am doing something wrong since the majority of the
> programs are marked n/a.
>
> I cycled through all the 'views'. I ran setup.exe a second time. No
> difference - it showed me what was installed, and there were no
> additional programs I could select, all were marked n/a.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> uname gives: CYGWIN_NT-6.1-WOW64
>
> I didn't a choice for selecting different versions of Cgywin.
>
> j. Beck

Jeff
you are misunderstanding setup.exe selection windows.

On column "new" click on "skip" at the tcsh row

first click will give you 6.18.00-3,
second click 6.18.00-2
third click will return to skip

If you leave "6.18.00-3"

setup will install tcsh version 6.18.00-3 and will propose the
needed dependency.

Regards
Marco

* Re: 90% of programs are unavailable during install using setup.exe in Windows Vista Home Premium
@ 2012-04-01 21:45   ` jeff beck
From: jeff beck @ 2012-04-01 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Thank you. Who would have thought clicking 'skip' would actually UN-skip?

Jeff

On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 11:41 AM, marco atzeri <marco.atzeri@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/1/2012 11:27 PM, jeff beck wrote:
>>
>> I had no problem installing and using Cygwin, however tcsh and most
>> all programs are marked as n/a.  I Googled for hours and could not
>> find an answer to this problem. My first concern is getting tcsh.
>> Secondly, that I am doing something wrong since the majority of the
>> programs are marked n/a.
>>
>> I cycled through all the 'views'. I ran setup.exe a second time. No
>> difference - it showed me what was installed, and there were no
>> additional programs I could select, all were marked n/a.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any help.
>>
>> uname gives: CYGWIN_NT-6.1-WOW64
>>
>> I didn't a choice for selecting different versions of Cgywin.
>>
>> j. Beck
>>

> Jeff
> you are misunderstanding setup.exe selection windows.
>
> On column "new" click on "skip" at the tcsh row
>
> first click will give you 6.18.00-3,
> second click 6.18.00-2
> third click will return to skip
>
> If you leave "6.18.00-3"
>
> setup will install tcsh version 6.18.00-3 and will propose the
> needed dependency.
>
> Regards
> Marco
>

> --
> Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
> Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html

Jeffrey Beck

* Re: 90% of programs are unavailable during install using setup.exe in Windows Vista Home Premium
@ 2012-04-01 22:11     ` Eliot Moss
From: Eliot Moss @ 2012-04-01 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 4/1/2012 5:45 PM, jeff beck wrote:
> Thank you. Who would have thought clicking 'skip' would actually UN-skip?

The column displays the current intent/status.  Therefore
clicking on 'skip' means to make some other selection ...

But I guess what's intuitive for one person is not necessarily
so for another ... Eliot Moss

* Re: 90% of programs are unavailable during install using setup.exe in Windows Vista Home Premium
@ 2012-04-02 12:42       ` Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 2012-04-02 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: moss, cygwin

On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 6:11 PM, Eliot Moss wrote:
> On 4/1/2012 5:45 PM, jeff beck wrote:
>>
>> Thank you. Who would have thought clicking 'skip' would actually UN-skip?
>

> The column displays the current intent/status.  Therefore
> clicking on 'skip' means to make some other selection ...
>
> But I guess what's intuitive for one person is not necessarily
> so for another ... Eliot Moss

And it isn't mentioned in the users guide in the using setup.exe
section.  I was about to suggest checking there but after looking
could not for this issue.

--
Earnie