* mintty window gets tilde characters "pressed" in it
@ 2016-12-12 18:18 David Karr
From: David Karr @ 2016-12-12 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Win7.  I believe my Cygwin version info is "2.5.2(0.297/5/3) 2016-06-23 14:29".

I've been annoyed for a while with a symptom in my mintty windows.  I
will be typing along, or not, and suddenly a "~" character gets
injected into the stream. It often is the only character at the
prompt, so I can erase it and type my command, but it's really
annoying when it appears while I'm typing. I was just reminded of it
now when it injected the "~" right before I pressed enter on a
"mkdir", so I had to then remove the dir I just created and recreate
it.

Is this something that Cygwin can control?