* vim not built with --with-x
@ 2015-11-21 17:46 Yves Chevallier
From: Yves Chevallier @ 2015-11-21 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

On Cygwin, I usually rebuild `vim` with `./configure --with-x
--prefix=/usr` which allows me to have the `--remote` option on vim.
From this I can automatically bind any Windows text files to vim. If
no server is running, this means I will open a new terminal `mintty -`
in where I launch vim. If a server is running (which can be checked
with `vim --serverlist`) I open that file into it.

Unfortunately the `vim.exe` binary on Cygwin doest not have any
`--remote` option because it was not built with `--with-x`.

Would it be possible to add this option on the next releases?

Cheers,
Yves

only message in thread, other threads:[~2015-11-21 17:46 UTC | newest]