* Re: Request for additional ming-w64 binaries
@ 2020-03-28 22:00 Steven Penny
From: Steven Penny @ 2020-03-28 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: petermoss387; +Cc: cygwin

> the following packages are missing static libraries, i.e *.a files

Cygwin has always been bad about this, and I dont see that changing. And if you
post an issue to the repo, it just gets closed:

<https://github.com/cygwinports/mingw64-x86_64-nghttp2/issues/1>

best bet would be to look at these:

<https://packages.msys2.org/base/mingw-w64-fftw>
<https://packages.msys2.org/base/mingw-w64-libjpeg-turbo>
<https://packages.msys2.org/base/mingw-w64-libtiff>
<https://packages.msys2.org/base/mingw-w64-libwebp>

or build your own. Good luck.

* Request for additional ming-w64 binaries
@ 2020-03-28  5:06 Peter Moss
From: Peter Moss @ 2020-03-28  5:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I am trying to compile a project under Cygwin with MinGW.  After installing
some packages from a Cygwin download site,
the following packages are missing static libraries, i.e *.a files:

mingw64-x86_64-tiff
mingw64-x86_64-libjpeg-turbo
mingw64-x86_64-fftw3
mingw64-x86_64-libwebp

Also this package is not available:

mingw64-x86_64-wine

Could these binaries be made available? Alternatively, where can I get them?

Thank you,
PM