* octave 4.4.0-2 missing octave-gui
       [not found] <313798960.7206726.1532012897060.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2018-07-19 18:38 ` James R. Phillips via cygwin
From: James R. Phillips via cygwin @ 2018-07-19 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello,

After installing octave-4.4.0-2 via setup-x86_64, I notice that /usr/bin/octave is a console-only app, and that there is no octave-gui binary in the package, although it is referred to in the release announcement for 4.4.0-1.

The GUI version of octave becomes ever more capable, and it would be desirable to have it available for users.

As always, thanks to Marco Atzeri for the excellent work in making octave available in Cygwin.

Regards

James Phillips

* Re: octave 4.4.0-2 missing octave-gui
@ 2018-07-19 19:19   ` marco atzeri
From: marco atzeri @ 2018-07-19 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James R. Phillips, cygwin

On Thu, Jul 19, 2018 at 5:08 PM, James R. Phillips via cygwin  wrote:
> Hello,
>
> After installing octave-4.4.0-2 via setup-x86_64, I notice that /usr/bin/octave is a console-only app, and that there is no octave-gui binary in the package, although it is referred to in the release announcement for 4.4.0-1.
>
> The GUI version of octave becomes ever more capable, and it would be desirable to have it available for users.
>
> As always, thanks to Marco Atzeri for the excellent work in making octave available in Cygwin.
>
> Regards
>
> James Phillips

Hi James,
I will look but probably you need to wait for 4.4.1 before I release another
package

Regards
Marco