* Cygwin packages params in setup command line
@ 2023-05-03 13:26 Anderson
From: Anderson @ 2023-05-03 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I need to know if have a limit of packages to install on packages params on
cygwin setup command line.

I put many packages but some packages are not installed.

Thanks.

* Re: Cygwin packages params in setup command line
@ 2023-05-03 18:37 ` marco atzeri
From: marco atzeri @ 2023-05-03 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anderson; +Cc: cygwin

On Wed, May 3, 2023 at 3:26 PM Anderson via Cygwin  wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need to know if have a limit of packages to install on packages params on
> cygwin setup command line.
>
> I put many packages but some packages are not installed.
>
> Thanks.

Hi Anderson,

except the length limit of the command line , no.

See
https://devblogs.microsoft.com/oldnewthing/20031210-00/?p=41553
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-client/shell-experience/command-line-string-limitation

on Cygwin command line the limit is the first one on the CMD the limit
is the second.

If you need to install more the easy way is to split your requirements
in more block.
The last time I reinstalled 1500 packages, splitting between lib* and
the other packages was enough when
running setup from a Bash shell.

Regards
Marco