* Kindle Fire Utility 0.9.6
@ 2017-09-26  0:14 Kevin McCaffrey
From: Kevin McCaffrey @ 2017-09-26  0:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello,

I am trying to "Install Permanent Root with Superuser" with Kindle Fire
Utility 0.9.6  . I keep getting twrp.img is missing and fff.bin is missing .
Can you tell me how I can install these ? I tried the option "Install latest
FireFireFire" but that also did not work.  The ADB Status shows : Online

and the Boot Status : Unknown . Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Kevin

* Re: Kindle Fire Utility 0.9.6
@ 2017-09-26  1:37 ` Erik Soderquist
From: Erik Soderquist @ 2017-09-26  1:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 8:14 PM, Kevin McCaffrey wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to "Install Permanent Root with Superuser" with Kindle Fire
<snip>

I think you have the wrong list

-- Erik

* Re: Kindle Fire Utility 0.9.6
@ 2017-09-28  2:42 ` Kaz Kylheku
From: Kaz Kylheku @ 2017-09-28  2:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 27.09.2017 15:18, Kevin McCaffrey wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I am trying to "Install Permanent Root with Superuser" with Kindle Fire
> Utility 0.9.6  .

Why are you posting this question as a follow-up in the middle of
a thread titled "Challenge: a VERY strange problem with command
substitution in bash"
in the Cygwin mailing list?

> and the Boot Status : Unknown . Any help would be appreciated.

Try some Kindle Fire or Android mailing list maybe?

"Kindle Fire Utility" doesn't appear to be a Cygwin component.

 From some cursory Google searches, it appears some people with Cygwin
installations have had problems with the KF utility due to the wrong
find.exe (Cygwin's, rather than Windows') and possibly other
utilities being found in PATH.

* Kindle Fire Utility 0.9.6
@ 2017-09-27 22:30 Kevin McCaffrey