* Switching to posix with no acl
@ 2020-11-14  5:57 Jim McNamara
From: Jim McNamara @ 2020-11-14  5:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin

Hi all

Since there are no adduser or addgroup, I guess I'd create those files
manually off /etc.

Then I'd run passwd.

After that put in /etc/fstab

none /cygdrive cygdrive binary, posix=0, noacl, user 0 0

Close all processes.

That would give me a posix permission set up, right?

I read something about windows ignoring some dos bit with a file permission
but that is outside of cygwin...right?

Lastly, with acl you open an administrator cmd shell. With posix can I
escalate to root and stay away from admin cmd shell?

Is anyone else using posfix setup in general or mostly acl?

Thanks for any help!
Roboloki