* "Internal Error: gcrypt library error 60 illegal tag." when scripting
@ 2023-12-22 14:41 James Hanley
From: James Hanley @ 2023-12-22 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

when running the following script below - I always get the error indicated
in the subject line.  If I click another site from the UI then after it
works fine.  If I change the script to reflect that selected site from the
UI and re-run, I get the same error mentioned.  Any ideas?

"""
#!/bin/sh

(
cd /usr/local/bin
wget2 -N http://cygwin.com/setup-x86_64.exe
chmod u+x /usr/local/bin/setup-x86_64.exe
)

#
#       --site          http://mathiasw.com
    \
#       --site          http://mirrors.koehn.com                        \
#       --site          http://cygwin.skazkaforyou.com          \
#       --site
http://ftp.mirrorservice.org/sites/sourceware.org/pub/cygwinports       \
#       --site          http://cygwin.mirrors.pair.com          \

cygstart -- /usr/local/bin/setup-x86_64.exe                     \
        --pubkey        http://cygwinports.org/ports.gpg        \
        --site          http://cygwin.mirror.constant.com       \
        --site          http://cygwin.mirrors.hoobly.com        \
        --site          https://mirror.clarkson.edu                     \
        --site          http://www.gtlib.gatech.edu                     \
        --site          https://mirrors.rit.edu                         \
        --site          http://mirror.cs.vt.edu                         \
        -g  $*
"""

* Re: "Internal Error: gcrypt library error 60 illegal tag." when scripting
@ 2023-12-22 17:19 ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2023-12-22 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Hanley; +Cc: cygwin

On 22/12/2023 14:41, James Hanley via Cygwin wrote:
> when running the following script below - I always get the error indicated
> in the subject line.  If I click another site from the UI then after it
> works fine.  If I change the script to reflect that selected site from the
> UI and re-run, I get the same error mentioned.  Any ideas?

Yeah, this error should probably be reported in a clearer fashion.

I think what this error is telling you is that
'http://cygwinports.org/ports.gpg' is not a valid gpg key.

This is correct.  If you open that with your browser, you'll see why.

The cygwinports package repo was shut down some time ago (2017 I think).

The solution is to remove that key from your setup invocation.

* Re: "Internal Error: gcrypt library error 60 illegal tag." when scripting
@ 2024-01-02 16:37 ` James Hanley
From: James Hanley @ 2024-01-02 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin