* A Way To Suppress Certain Kinds Of Spam
@ 2018-07-27 14:49 Michael Crawford
From: Michael Crawford @ 2018-07-27 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Look for Reply-To addresses that contain registered trademarks, then
somehow determine whether that domain is owned by the trademark
holder.  Reject those mails which do not so belong.

BEHOLD:

reply-to:Harley-Davidson <noreply@harley-davidson-information.eu>,

I'll send you my bill in the mail.

Mischa
--
Mike Crawford
Portland Custom Software Development

One Must Not Trifle With Wizards For It Makes Us Soggy And Hard To Light

* Re: A Way To Suppress Certain Kinds Of Spam
@ 2018-07-31 11:34 ` L A Walsh
From: L A Walsh @ 2018-07-31 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mike; +Cc: cygwin

Michael Crawford wrote:
> then somehow determine whether that domain is owned by the trademark
> holder.  I'll send you my bill in the mail.
---
	You didn't prove it belongs to the TM holder.  In fact, you
did nothing.  The important part is proving the domain is owned by
the trademark holder.  Anyone in the EU can hide that information
making the EU the place to hide your identity, online, while doing
online crimes.

Even if you did trace domain to tm holder, that doesn't prove it
was not forged or was a legitimate email.