* libneon27 requires libproxy1 which requires libglib2.0_0
@ 2011-12-03  7:14 Matthew Smith
From: Matthew Smith @ 2011-12-03  7:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

After running setup.exe to add a package I noticed something had decided
to pull in some gnome libraries. As best I can tell its due to libneon27
requiring libproxy1 though I may be missing something else. I did manage
to find this regarding libproxy.

From http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2010-05/msg00605.html
>libproxy pulls in these packages as dependencies for its GNOME and KDE
>integration modules.  libproxy was added as a libsoup-gnome dependency,
>for which these deps are anyways required.  But if neon is going to use
>libproxy as well, these modules are not strictly required, so I removed
>their deps from libproxy0/setup.hint (and from the upcoming libproxy1
>as well).

So hopefully nothing else has changed and it's easy to fix.

* Re: libneon27 requires libproxy1 which requires libglib2.0_0
@ 2011-12-05  2:20 ` Yaakov (Cygwin/X)
From: Yaakov (Cygwin/X) @ 2011-12-05  2:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Sat, 2011-12-03 at 02:13 -0500, Matthew Smith wrote:
> After running setup.exe to add a package I noticed something had decided
> to pull in some gnome libraries. As best I can tell its due to libneon27
> requiring libproxy1 though I may be missing something else. I did manage
> to find this regarding libproxy.

The latest libneon27 does require libproxy1-0.4.7, which pulls in only
libglib2.0_0, and I wouldn't count that as "some gnome libraries".

> From http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2010-05/msg00605.html
> >libproxy pulls in these packages as dependencies for its GNOME and KDE
> >integration modules.  libproxy was added as a libsoup-gnome dependency,
> >for which these deps are anyways required.  But if neon is going to use
> >libproxy as well, these modules are not strictly required, so I removed
> >their deps from libproxy0/setup.hint (and from the upcoming libproxy1
> >as well).
>
> So hopefully nothing else has changed and it's easy to fix.

I'm not sure what your question is here.  There's nothing here to "fix".

Yaakov

* Re: libneon27 requires libproxy1 which requires libglib2.0_0
@ 2011-12-07 13:40 ` Matthew Smith
From: Matthew Smith @ 2011-12-07 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

>The latest libneon27 does require libproxy1-0.4.7, which pulls in only
>libglib2.0_0, and I wouldn't count that as "some gnome libraries".

libglib2.0_0 : dbus libfam0 and gsettings-desktop-schemas
dbus : libdbus1_3 libX11_6
libX11_6 : libxcb1
libxcb1 : libXau6 libXdmcp6
libfam0 : gamin

>I'm not sure what your question is here.  There's nothing here to "fix".

I was hoping that libglib2.0_0 wasn't strictly required and would still be
pulled in as needed by by the packages that cause it to be needed.

I do understand that it is only a cosmetic annoyance,
I just thought I'd point it out.

* Re: libneon27 requires libproxy1 which requires libglib2.0_0
@ 2011-12-07 23:24   ` Yaakov (Cygwin/X)
From: Yaakov (Cygwin/X) @ 2011-12-07 23:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Wed, 2011-12-07 at 08:40 -0500, Matthew Smith wrote:
> >The latest libneon27 does require libproxy1-0.4.7, which pulls in only
> >libglib2.0_0, and I wouldn't count that as "some gnome libraries".
>
> libglib2.0_0 : dbus libfam0 and gsettings-desktop-schemas
> dbus : libdbus1_3 libX11_6
> libX11_6 : libxcb1
> libxcb1 : libXau6 libXdmcp6
> libfam0 : gamin

libglib2.0_0 is the only "GNOME library" in that list.

> I was hoping that libglib2.0_0 wasn't strictly required and would still be
> pulled in as needed by by the packages that cause it to be needed.
>
> I do understand that it is only a cosmetic annoyance,

You think that's bad, but I didn't enable the libproxy KDE4 backend for
a reason. :-)

DBus and GLib are pretty much standard these days, since most low-level
Linux system services use the former, and even Qt uses the latter for
its main loop these days.  Only because we don't need these services on
Cygwin are they not part of the base installation.

Yaakov
Cygwin/X