* VS Code is missing a few characters when running launch task in Git Bash
@ 2022-05-27  7:15 Orgad Shaneh
From: Orgad Shaneh @ 2022-05-27  7:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: Johannes Schindelin, Takashi Yano

Hi,

I'm using Git Bash as the default terminal in VS Code. Using Git for
Windows 2.36.1 with the latest runtime, based on cygwin 3.5.0.

I have a launch configuration that executes a Node.JS application in
the integrated terminal.

When I launch it for the first time, it spawns a new terminal and
works correctly (most of the time), but when the terminal is being
reused (and sometimes also for a new terminal), the command is missing
a few characters, so it fails.

These are the commands that are executed. The first one works, the
second one fails.

/usr/bin/env 'NODE_OPTIONS=--require
"c:/Users/orgads/AppData/Local/Programs/Microsoft VS
Code/resources/app/extensions/ms-vscode.js-debug/src/bootloader.bundle.js"
--inspect-publish-uid=http'
'VSCODE_INSPECTOR_OPTIONS={"inspectorIpc":"\\\\.\\pipe\\node-cdp.17916-22.sock","deferredMode":false,"waitForDebugger":"","execPath":"C:\\Program
Files\\nodejs\\node.exe","onlyEntrypoint":false,"autoAttachMode":"always","fileCallback":"C:\\Users\\orgads\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\node-debug-callback-c34e93d552518e0a"}'
"C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\node.exe"
.\\..\\node_modules\\mocha\\bin\\_mocha "--timeout 9999" -r
tsconfig-paths/register my-app.js
cd F:\\Projects\\MyFailingProject/prjct-directory/dist ; /usr/bin/env
'NODE_OPTIONS=--require
"c:/Users/orgads/AppData/Local/Programs/Microsoft VS
Code/resources/app/extensions/ms-vscode.js-debug/src/bootloader.bundle.js"
--inspect-publish-uid=http'
'VSCODE_INSPECTOR_OPTIONS={"inspectorIpc":"\\\\.\\pipe\\node-cdp.17916-23.ock","dferedMode":fale,"waitForDebugger":"","execPath":"C:\\Program
Files\\nodejs\\node.exe","onlyEntrypoint":false,"autoAttachMode":"always","fileCallback":"C:\\Users\\orgads\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\node-debug-callback-cc2a4594562280e4"}'
"C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\node.exe"
.\\..\\node_modules\\mocha\\bin\\_mocha "--timeout 9999" -r
tsconfig-pathsregister my-app.js

The follwing characters are missing (marking them with **):
"inspectorIpc":"\\\\.\\pipe\\node-cdp.17916-23.**s**ock","d**e**fe**r**redMode":fal**s**e
... -r tsconfig-paths**/**register my-app.js

Notice there is one block (starts on char 325), which is missing 4
characters (325, 332, 334, 346), and another character close to the
end of the line.

Another execution was missing:
"execPath":"C:\\Program
File**s**\\nod**e**js\\node.exe","onlyEnt**r**ypoint":fal**s**e,"autoAttachMode":"

and the same slash.

The terminal also auto-types the missing characters (sers/) in the
next line, without executing it (waiting for Enter). The characters
are the same in both executions (sers/), only taken from different
locations.

This issue started a few months ago. IIRC it was around the same time
I reported the misordered characters issue (last February), but I
can't tell for sure.

With 3.5.0, it happens less than before, but I still hit it once in a while.

Any idea what can cause this?

- Orgad

* Re: VS Code is missing a few characters when running launch task in Git Bash
@ 2022-05-27  7:59 ` Adam Dinwoodie
From: Adam Dinwoodie @ 2022-05-27  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: Orgad Shaneh, Johannes Schindelin

On Fri, May 27, 2022 at 10:15:18AM +0300, Orgad Shaneh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Git Bash as the default terminal in VS Code. Using Git for
> Windows 2.36.1 with the latest runtime, based on cygwin 3.5.0.

Hi Orgad,

Git for Windows and Git Bash are based in part on Cygwin, but they're
downstream projects that aren't supported by the Cygwin mailing list:
the Git for Windows folks have made changes to the Cygwin code for their
use case, which they're 100% welcome to do, but which mean the folk on
the Cygwin mailing list just don't have the knowledge or experience to
help.

If you can show problems with Cygwin, be that with the Cygwin DLL,
Cygwin's Bash or Cygwin's Git, the Cygwin mailing lists are definitely
the right place to ask for help.  But unless you can demonstrate the
problem using Cygwin packages without any downstream modifications, this
list isn't going to be able to help you.

Based on https://gitforwindows.org/ I suspect your best bet for getting
help here is either (a) asking on the Git for Windows mailing list at
https://groups.google.com/g/git-for-windows, or (b) raising an issue at
https://github.com/git-for-windows/git.

HTH

Adam
Cygwin Git maintainer

* Re: VS Code is missing a few characters when running launch task in Git Bash
@ 2022-05-27  8:06   ` Orgad Shaneh
From: Orgad Shaneh @ 2022-05-27  8:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adam Dinwoodie, Takashi Yano; +Cc: cygwin, Johannes Schindelin

On Fri, May 27, 2022 at 10:59 AM Adam Dinwoodie <adam@dinwoodie.org> wrote:

> On Fri, May 27, 2022 at 10:15:18AM +0300, Orgad Shaneh wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm using Git Bash as the default terminal in VS Code. Using Git for
> > Windows 2.36.1 with the latest runtime, based on cygwin 3.5.0.
>
> Hi Orgad,
>
> Git for Windows and Git Bash are based in part on Cygwin, but they're
> downstream projects that aren't supported by the Cygwin mailing list:
> the Git for Windows folks have made changes to the Cygwin code for their
> use case, which they're 100% welcome to do, but which mean the folk on
> the Cygwin mailing list just don't have the knowledge or experience to
> help.
>
> If you can show problems with Cygwin, be that with the Cygwin DLL,
> Cygwin's Bash or Cygwin's Git, the Cygwin mailing lists are definitely
> the right place to ask for help.  But unless you can demonstrate the
> problem using Cygwin packages without any downstream modifications, this
> list isn't going to be able to help you.
>
> Based on https://gitforwindows.org/ I suspect your best bet for getting
> help here is either (a) asking on the Git for Windows mailing list at
> https://groups.google.com/g/git-for-windows, or (b) raising an issue at
> https://github.com/git-for-windows/git.

Hi,

Thank you.

I reported several issues related to type-ahead (all of them happened
in MSYS, and some of them were not reproducible in cygwin), and they
were identified and fixed by @Takashi Yano in cygwin runtime.

Some issues are hard to reproduce, and I can't always reproduce them
on cygwin, but that doesn't mean the root cause is in MSYS patches.

Anyway, I'll try to reproduce with cygwin and report back.

@ 2022-05-27 12:22     ` Orgad Shaneh
From: Orgad Shaneh @ 2022-05-27 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adam Dinwoodie, Takashi Yano; +Cc: cygwin, Johannes Schindelin

On Fri, May 27, 2022 at 11:06 AM Orgad Shaneh <orgads@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, May 27, 2022 at 10:59 AM Adam Dinwoodie <adam@dinwoodie.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, May 27, 2022 at 10:15:18AM +0300, Orgad Shaneh wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm using Git Bash as the default terminal in VS Code. Using Git for
> > > Windows 2.36.1 with the latest runtime, based on cygwin 3.5.0.
> >
> > Hi Orgad,
> >
> > Git for Windows and Git Bash are based in part on Cygwin, but they're
> > downstream projects that aren't supported by the Cygwin mailing list:
> > the Git for Windows folks have made changes to the Cygwin code for their
> > use case, which they're 100% welcome to do, but which mean the folk on
> > the Cygwin mailing list just don't have the knowledge or experience to
> > help.
> >
> > If you can show problems with Cygwin, be that with the Cygwin DLL,
> > Cygwin's Bash or Cygwin's Git, the Cygwin mailing lists are definitely
> > the right place to ask for help.  But unless you can demonstrate the
> > problem using Cygwin packages without any downstream modifications, this
> > list isn't going to be able to help you.
> >
> > Based on https://gitforwindows.org/ I suspect your best bet for getting
> > help here is either (a) asking on the Git for Windows mailing list at
> > https://groups.google.com/g/git-for-windows, or (b) raising an issue at
> > https://github.com/git-for-windows/git.
>
> Hi,
>
> Thank you.
>
> I reported several issues related to type-ahead (all of them happened
> in MSYS, and some of them were not reproducible in cygwin), and they
> were identified and fixed by @Takashi Yano in cygwin runtime.
>
> Some issues are hard to reproduce, and I can't always reproduce them
> on cygwin, but that doesn't mean the root cause is in MSYS patches.
>
> Anyway, I'll try to reproduce with cygwin and report back.

It doesn't reproduce with Cygwin. I'll report on git-for-windows, but
like I said, I doubt this relates to MSYS changes.

@ 2022-05-27 12:43       ` Takashi Yano
From: Takashi Yano @ 2022-05-27 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: Orgad Shaneh, Johannes Schindelin

On Fri, 27 May 2022 15:22:23 +0300
Orgad Shaneh wrote:
> On Fri, May 27, 2022 at 11:06 AM Orgad Shaneh <orgads@gmail.com> wrote:

Do you mean cygwin 3.3.5?

> > > Hi Orgad,
> > >
> > > Git for Windows and Git Bash are based in part on Cygwin, but they're
> > > downstream projects that aren't supported by the Cygwin mailing list:
> > > the Git for Windows folks have made changes to the Cygwin code for their
> > > use case, which they're 100% welcome to do, but which mean the folk on
> > > the Cygwin mailing list just don't have the knowledge or experience to
> > > help.
> > >
> > > If you can show problems with Cygwin, be that with the Cygwin DLL,
> > > Cygwin's Bash or Cygwin's Git, the Cygwin mailing lists are definitely
> > > the right place to ask for help.  But unless you can demonstrate the
> > > problem using Cygwin packages without any downstream modifications, this
> > > list isn't going to be able to help you.
> > >
> > > Based on https://gitforwindows.org/ I suspect your best bet for getting
> > > help here is either (a) asking on the Git for Windows mailing list at
> > > https://groups.google.com/g/git-for-windows, or (b) raising an issue at
> > > https://github.com/git-for-windows/git.
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > I reported several issues related to type-ahead (all of them happened
> > in MSYS, and some of them were not reproducible in cygwin), and they
> > were identified and fixed by @Takashi Yano in cygwin runtime.
> >
> > Some issues are hard to reproduce, and I can't always reproduce them
> > on cygwin, but that doesn't mean the root cause is in MSYS patches.
> >
> > Anyway, I'll try to reproduce with cygwin and report back.
>
> It doesn't reproduce with Cygwin. I'll report on git-for-windows, but
> like I said, I doubt this relates to MSYS changes.

Two questions:
1) Is the terminal in VS Code runs on console or pty? (What does
  'tty' command says?)
2) If the terminal runs on pty, did you try both with and without
  'disable_pcon'?

--
Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>

* Re: VS Code is missing a few characters when running launch task in Git Bash
@ 2022-05-29  6:00         ` Orgad Shaneh
From: Orgad Shaneh @ 2022-05-29  6:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Takashi Yano; +Cc: cygwin, Johannes Schindelin

On Fri, May 27, 2022 at 3:43 PM Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp> wrote:

> On Fri, 27 May 2022 15:22:23 +0300
> Orgad Shaneh wrote:

> Do you mean cygwin 3.3.5?

Yes, of course.

> Two questions:
> 1) Is the terminal in VS Code runs on console or pty? (What does
>   'tty' command says?)

/dev/cons0

I guess this means console?

> 2) If the terminal runs on pty, did you try both with and without
>   'disable_pcon'?

It's console.

@ 2022-06-30 22:02           ` Orgad Shaneh
From: Orgad Shaneh @ 2022-06-30 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Takashi Yano; +Cc: cygwin, Johannes Schindelin

On Sun, May 29, 2022 at 9:00 AM Orgad Shaneh <orgads@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, May 27, 2022 at 3:43 PM Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 27 May 2022 15:22:23 +0300
> > Orgad Shaneh wrote:

> > Do you mean cygwin 3.3.5?
>
> Yes, of course.
>
> > Two questions:
> > 1) Is the terminal in VS Code runs on console or pty? (What does
> >   'tty' command says?)
>
> /dev/cons0
>
> I guess this means console?
>
> > 2) If the terminal runs on pty, did you try both with and without
> >   'disable_pcon'?
>
> It's console.

I might have found a way to reproduce on Cygwin (3.3.5). I can
reproduce this on both Windows Terminal and the native console (Just
running Cygwin.bat).

Open Cygwin terminal. Paste the following text (can either be with
Shift-Ins in Windows Terminal, or right-click on native console):

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
[...]

The output looks like this. Notice that after 1024 characters, it
starts to garble:
[...]
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklwxyz abcdepqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz xyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefgrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwmnopqrstuvfghijklwxyz abcde

Thanks!

@ 2022-06-30 22:08             ` Orgad Shaneh
From: Orgad Shaneh @ 2022-06-30 22:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Takashi Yano; +Cc: cygwin, Johannes Schindelin

On Fri, Jul 1, 2022 at 1:02 AM Orgad Shaneh <orgads@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
> abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
> abcdefghijklmnopqrstdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
> abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
> abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
> abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
> abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
> abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
> abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefgrstuvwxyz
> abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
> abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
> abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
> abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
> abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
> abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwmnopqrstuvfghijklwxyz abcde

Notice the entire input is a single line. Replace newlines with spaces.

@ 2022-07-01 14:14               ` Johannes Schindelin
From: Johannes Schindelin @ 2022-07-01 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Orgad Shaneh; +Cc: Takashi Yano, cygwin

Hi Orgad,

On Fri, 1 Jul 2022, Orgad Shaneh wrote:

> [...]
> > abcdefghijklmnopqrstdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
> > abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
> > abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
> > abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
> > abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
> > abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
> > abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefgrstuvwxyz
> > abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
> > abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
> > abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
> > abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
> > abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
> > abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwmnopqrstuvfghijklwxyz abcde
> >
> > Thanks!
> > - Orgad
>
> Notice the entire input is a single line. Replace newlines with spaces.

Indeed, I can reproduce very easily with up to date Cygwin in Windows
Terminal (but for me, it does not reproduce in ConHost, maybe because of
my settings?). Here is what I did:

	$ a=0123456789abcdef\  && a=$a$a$a$a$a$a$a$a &&
	a=$a$a$a$a$a$a$a$a && echo $a$a$a$a$a$a$a$a$a | clip

And then I hit Shift+Insert.

Me, too, I noticed that the first 1024+ characters seem fine, but then the
garbling starts.

Ciao,
Dscho

* Re: VS Code is missing a few characters when running launch task in Git Bash
@ 2022-07-01 23:34             ` Takashi Yano
From: Takashi Yano @ 2022-07-01 23:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: Orgad Shaneh, Johannes Schindelin

On Fri, 1 Jul 2022 01:02:43 +0300
> [...]
> abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
> abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
> abcdefghijklmnopqrstdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
> abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
> abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
> abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
> abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
> abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
> abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefgrstuvwxyz
> abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
> abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
> abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
> abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
> abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
> abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwmnopqrstuvfghijklwxyz abcde

Thanks. I could reproduce the issue. I will submit a patch
for this issue shortly.

--

@ 2022-07-02 23:17               ` Takashi Yano
From: Takashi Yano @ 2022-07-02 23:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: Orgad Shaneh, Johannes Schindelin

On Sat, 2 Jul 2022 08:34:06 +0900
Takashi Yano wrote:
> Thanks. I could reproduce the issue. I will submit a patch
> for this issue shortly.

Does the patch I pushd to cygwin-3_3-branch solve the
VS Code issue?

--

@ 2022-07-03 13:02                 ` Orgad Shaneh
From: Orgad Shaneh @ 2022-07-03 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Takashi Yano; +Cc: cygwin, Johannes Schindelin

On Sun, Jul 3, 2022 at 2:18 AM Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp> wrote:

> On Sat, 2 Jul 2022 08:34:06 +0900
> Takashi Yano wrote:
> > Thanks. I could reproduce the issue. I will submit a patch
> > for this issue shortly.
>
> Does the patch I pushd to cygwin-3_3-branch solve the
> VS Code issue?

Hi Takashi,

Thank you.

I think it is a bit better, and the paste issue is solved, but VS Code
still mistypes a few characters, and discards some quite long
sections.

Examples:
Good:
$  cd F:\\Projects\\VoiceAIConnector/session-manager/dist ;
/usr/bin/env 'NODE_OPTIONS=--require
"c:/Users/orgads/AppData/Local/Programs/Microsoft VS
Code/resources/app/extensions/ms-vscode.js-debug/src/bootloader.bundle.js"
--inspect-publish-uid=http'
'VSCODE_INSPECTOR_OPTIONS={"inspectorIpc":"\\\\.\\pipe\\node-cdp.2260-6.sock","deferredMode":false,"waitForDebugger":"","execPath":"C:\\Program
Files\\nodejs\\node.exe","onlyEntrypoint":false,"autoAttachMode":"always","fileCallback":"C:\\Users\\orgads\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\node-debug-callback-92e9f97c5ea0c8b4"}'
C:\\Program\ Files\\nodejs\\node.exe
.\\..\\node_modules\\mocha\\bin\\_mocha --timeout 0 -r
tsconfig-paths/register test/unit-test/ssml.test.js

Bad 1:
All the part between the stars is gone (offsets are counted from the $
in the "good" command):
* Offset 187-209: ms-vsc**ode.js-debug/src/bootl**oader.bundle.js
* Offset 373-417: "execPath":"C:\\Progr**am Files\\nodejs\\node**.exe"
* Offset 603-625: C:\\Program\ Files\\nodejs\\node.e**xe
.\\..\\node_modules**\\mocha\\bin\\_mocha

$  cd F:\\Projects\\VoiceAIConnector/session-manager/dist ;
/usr/bin/env 'NODE_OPTIONS=--require
"c:/Users/orgads/AppData/Local/Programs/Microsoft VS
Code/resources/app/extensions/ms-vscoader.bundle.js"
--inspect-publish-uid=http'
'VSCODE_INSPECTOR_OPTIONS={"inspectorIpc":"\\\\.\\pipe\\node-cdp.2260-6.sock","deferredMode":false,"waitForDebugger":"","execPath":"C:\\Progr.exe","onlyEntrypoint":false,"autoAttachMode":"always","fileCallback":"C:\\Users\\orgads\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\node-debug-callback-49cb84aaa44af289"}'
C:\\Program\ Files\\nodejs\\node.e\\mocha\\bin\\_mocha --timeout 0 -r
tsconfig-paths/register test/unit-test/ssml.test.js

Bad 2:
Same + b jumped from ** to ## (offset 568 -> 586 in this command):
\\mocha\\**in\\_mocha --timeo##b##ut 0 -r
$  cd F:\\Projects\\VoiceAIConnector/session-manager/dist ;
/usr/bin/env 'NODE_OPTIONS=--require
"c:/Users/orgads/AppData/Local/Programs/Microsoft VS
Code/resources/app/extensions/ms-vscoader.bundle.js"
--inspect-publish-uid=http'
'VSCODE_INSPECTOR_OPTIONS={"inspectorIpc":"\\\\.\\pipe\\node-cdp.2260-7.sock","deferredMode":false,"waitForDebugger":"","execPath":"C:\\Progr.exe","onlyEntrypoint":false,"autoAttachMode":"always","fileCallback":"C:\\Users\\orgads\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\node-debug-callback-945eb8360380780f"}'
C:\\Program\ Files\\nodejs\\node.e\\mocha\\in\\_mocha --timeobut 0 -r
tsconfig-paths/register test/unit-test/ssml.test.js

Bad 3:
Same as 1 + s and e jumped from ** to ## (offsets 201 and 209 ->
229-230): ms-vscoader.bundle.j**" --insp**ct-publish-uid=http'##se##
$  cd F:\\Projects\\VoiceAIConnector/session-manager/dist ;
/usr/bin/env 'NODE_OPTIONS=--require
"c:/Users/orgads/AppData/Local/Programs/Microsoft VS
Code/resources/app/extensions/ms-vscoader.bundle.j"
--inspct-publish-uid=http'se
'VSCODE_INSPECTOR_OPTIONS={"inspectorIpc":"\\\\.\\pipe\\node-cdp.2260-8.sock","deferredMode":false,"waitForDebugger":"","execPath":"C:\\Progr.exe","onlyEntrypoint":false,"autoAttachMode":"always","fileCallback":"C:\\Users\\orgads\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\node-debug-callback-dcc14f60d807e31f"}'
C:\\Program\ Files\\nodejs\\node.e\\mocha\\bin\\_mocha --timeout 0 -r
tsconfig-paths/register test/unit-test/loader.js

The binary was built here:
https://github.com/msys2/msys2-runtime/pull/96/checks (Artifacts ->
install).

@ 2022-07-03 23:40                   ` Takashi Yano
From: Takashi Yano @ 2022-07-03 23:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: Orgad Shaneh, Johannes Schindelin

On Sun, 3 Jul 2022 16:02:46 +0300
Orgad Shaneh wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 3, 2022 at 2:18 AM Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp> wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, 2 Jul 2022 08:34:06 +0900
> > Takashi Yano wrote:
> > > Thanks. I could reproduce the issue. I will submit a patch
> > > for this issue shortly.
> >
> > Does the patch I pushd to cygwin-3_3-branch solve the
> > VS Code issue?
>

> Hi Takashi,
>
> Thank you.
>
> I think it is a bit better, and the paste issue is solved, but VS Code
> still mistypes a few characters, and discards some quite long
> sections.

Perhaps, VS code issue is a separate issue from the issue of
pasting long text.

Could you please let me know the steps how to reproduce the
issue?

--

@ 2022-07-04  5:57                     ` Orgad Shaneh
From: Orgad Shaneh @ 2022-07-04  5:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Takashi Yano; +Cc: cygwin, Johannes Schindelin

Sure,

Install VS Code and Node.JS.

Clone this repository: https://github.com/orgads/cygtest

Open the directory in VS Code and run (F5). Wait for it to finish,
then run again.

I've noticed that even the first execution has some mistyped
characters (moved from ** to ##):

waitForDeb**u**gge**r**
"exe**c**Path":"C:\\Program Fil**es**\\nodejs\\node.exe"
"autoAttachMod##urces##e":"always"

And on the second run:
"inspecto**r**Ipc":"\\\\.\\pipe\\node-cdp.9412-8.sock","##r##deferredMode":false

$  /usr/bin/env 'NODE_OPTIONS=--require
"c:/Users/orgads/AppData/Local/Programs/Microsoft VS
Code/resources/app/extensions/ms-vscode.js-debug/src/bootloader.bundle.js"
--inspect-publish-uid=http'
'VSCODE_INSPECTOR_OPTIONS={"inspectorIpc":"\\\\.\\pipe\\node-cdp.9412-7.sock","deferredMode":false,"waitForDebgge":"","exePath":"C:\\Program
Fil\\nodejs\\node.exe","onlyEntrypoint":false,"autoAttachModurcese":"always","fileCallback":"C:\\Users\\orgads\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\node-debug-callback-c57206c2f20dca1d"}'
C:\\Program\ Files\\nodejs\\node.exe index.js
hi

$  cd f:\\Projects\\cygtest ; /usr/bin/env 'NODE_OPTIONS=--require
"c:/Users/orgads/AppData/Local/Programs/Microsoft VS
Code/resources/app/extensions/ms-vscode.js-debug/src/bootloader.bundle.js"
--inspect-publish-uid=http'
'VSCODE_INSPECTOR_OPTIONS={"inspectoIpc":"\\\\.\\pipe\\node-cdp.9412-8.sock","rdeferredMode":false,"waitForDebugger":"","execPath":"C:\\Program
Files\\nodejs\\node.exe","onlyEntrypoint":false,"autoAttachMode":"always","fileCallback":"C:\\Users\\orgads\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\node-debug-callback-fab5a0d7b63917c7"}'

@ 2022-07-05  3:17                       ` Takashi Yano
From: Takashi Yano @ 2022-07-05  3:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: Orgad Shaneh, Johannes Schindelin

On Mon, 4 Jul 2022 08:57:09 +0300
Orgad Shaneh wrote:
> Sure,
>
> Install VS Code and Node.JS.
>
> Clone this repository: https://github.com/orgads/cygtest
>
> Open the directory in VS Code and run (F5). Wait for it to finish,
> then run again.
>
> I've noticed that even the first execution has some mistyped
> characters (moved from ** to ##):
>
> waitForDeb**u**gge**r**
> "exe**c**Path":"C:\\Program Fil**es**\\nodejs\\node.exe"
> "autoAttachMod##urces##e":"always"
>
> And on the second run:
> "inspecto**r**Ipc":"\\\\.\\pipe\\node-cdp.9412-8.sock","##r##deferredMode":false
>
> $  /usr/bin/env 'NODE_OPTIONS=--require
> "c:/Users/orgads/AppData/Local/Programs/Microsoft VS
> Code/resources/app/extensions/ms-vscode.js-debug/src/bootloader.bundle.js"
> --inspect-publish-uid=http'
> 'VSCODE_INSPECTOR_OPTIONS={"inspectorIpc":"\\\\.\\pipe\\node-cdp.9412-7.sock","deferredMode":false,"waitForDebgge":"","exePath":"C:\\Program
> Fil\\nodejs\\node.exe","onlyEntrypoint":false,"autoAttachModurcese":"always","fileCallback":"C:\\Users\\orgads\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\node-debug-callback-c57206c2f20dca1d"}'
> C:\\Program\ Files\\nodejs\\node.exe index.js
> hi
>
> $  cd f:\\Projects\\cygtest ; /usr/bin/env 'NODE_OPTIONS=--require
> "c:/Users/orgads/AppData/Local/Programs/Microsoft VS
> Code/resources/app/extensions/ms-vscode.js-debug/src/bootloader.bundle.js"
> --inspect-publish-uid=http'
> 'VSCODE_INSPECTOR_OPTIONS={"inspectoIpc":"\\\\.\\pipe\\node-cdp.9412-8.sock","rdeferredMode":false,"waitForDebugger":"","execPath":"C:\\Program
> Files\\nodejs\\node.exe","onlyEntrypoint":false,"autoAttachMode":"always","fileCallback":"C:\\Users\\orgads\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\node-debug-callback-fab5a0d7b63917c7"}'
> C:\\Program\ Files\\nodejs\\node.exe index.js
> hi

Thanks.

Could you please test if the commit
https://www.cygwin.com/git/?p=newlib-cygwin.git;a=commitdiff;h=521dfff143f9533533d161f37b73a92147c88e7c
fixes the issue?

--

@ 2022-07-05 11:18                         ` Orgad Shaneh
From: Orgad Shaneh @ 2022-07-05 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Takashi Yano; +Cc: cygwin, Johannes Schindelin

On Tue, Jul 5, 2022 at 6:18 AM Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp> wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Jul 2022 08:57:09 +0300
> Orgad Shaneh wrote:
> > Sure,
> >
> > Install VS Code and Node.JS.
> >
> > Clone this repository: https://github.com/orgads/cygtest
> >
> > Open the directory in VS Code and run (F5). Wait for it to finish,
> > then run again.
> >
> > I've noticed that even the first execution has some mistyped
> > characters (moved from ** to ##):
> >
> > waitForDeb**u**gge**r**
> > "exe**c**Path":"C:\\Program Fil**es**\\nodejs\\node.exe"
> > "autoAttachMod##urces##e":"always"
> >
> > And on the second run:
> > "inspecto**r**Ipc":"\\\\.\\pipe\\node-cdp.9412-8.sock","##r##deferredMode":false
> >
> > $  /usr/bin/env 'NODE_OPTIONS=--require
> > "c:/Users/orgads/AppData/Local/Programs/Microsoft VS
> > Code/resources/app/extensions/ms-vscode.js-debug/src/bootloader.bundle.js"
> > --inspect-publish-uid=http'
> > 'VSCODE_INSPECTOR_OPTIONS={"inspectorIpc":"\\\\.\\pipe\\node-cdp.9412-7.sock","deferredMode":false,"waitForDebgge":"","exePath":"C:\\Program
> > Fil\\nodejs\\node.exe","onlyEntrypoint":false,"autoAttachModurcese":"always","fileCallback":"C:\\Users\\orgads\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\node-debug-callback-c57206c2f20dca1d"}'
> > C:\\Program\ Files\\nodejs\\node.exe index.js
> > hi
> >
> > $  cd f:\\Projects\\cygtest ; /usr/bin/env 'NODE_OPTIONS=--require
> > "c:/Users/orgads/AppData/Local/Programs/Microsoft VS
> > Code/resources/app/extensions/ms-vscode.js-debug/src/bootloader.bundle.js"
> > --inspect-publish-uid=http'
> > 'VSCODE_INSPECTOR_OPTIONS={"inspectoIpc":"\\\\.\\pipe\\node-cdp.9412-8.sock","rdeferredMode":false,"waitForDebugger":"","execPath":"C:\\Program
> > Files\\nodejs\\node.exe","onlyEntrypoint":false,"autoAttachMode":"always","fileCallback":"C:\\Users\\orgads\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\node-debug-callback-fab5a0d7b63917c7"}'
> > C:\\Program\ Files\\nodejs\\node.exe index.js
> > hi
>
> Thanks.
>
> Could you please test if the commit
> https://www.cygwin.com/git/?p=newlib-cygwin.git;a=commitdiff;h=521dfff143f9533533d161f37b73a92147c88e7c