* [ANNOUNCEMENT] xxhash 0.8.0-1
@ 2020-09-06 23:23 Doug Henderson via Cygwin-announce
From: Doug Henderson via Cygwin-announce @ 2020-09-06 23:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

The following packages have been uploaded to the Cygwin distribution:

* xxhash-0.8.0-1
* libxxhash0-0.8.0-1
* libxxhash-devel-0.8.0-1

xxHash is an Extremely fast Hash algorithm,
running at RAM speed limits. It successfully completes the
SMHasher test suite which evaluates collision,
dispersion and randomness qualities of hash functions.
Code is highly portable, and hashes are identical on
all platforms (little / big endian).

--
Doug Henderson, Calgary, Alberta, Canada - from gmail.com

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] xxhash 0.8.0-1
@ 2020-09-08  3:07 ` Wayne Davison
From: Wayne Davison @ 2020-09-08  3:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Mon, Sep 7, 2020 at 5:19 AM Doug Henderson wrote:
> The following packages have been uploaded [...]
> * libxxhash0-0.8.0-1
> * libxxhash-devel-0.8.0-1

I note that libxxhash-devel does not depend on libxxhash0, unlike
other devel libs (e.g. liblz4-devel and libzstd-devel each pull in
their associated lib package).

After installing both of the libxxhash packages, I did a test build of
the latest rsync code, and it works fine with the packaged xxhash
checksum routines.  Nice work!  I also added xxhash to the github
actions build:

https://github.com/WayneD/rsync/runs/1083914506

..wayne..