* freetype not detected on configure
@ 2019-08-03 19:32 Gavin M2301
From: Gavin M2301 @ 2019-08-03 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi all-

I am trying to run this:

./configure --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32 \
      --prefix=$MINGWROOT \
      --enable-debug \
      --with-{freetype,sdl,png,jpeg,gl}=$MINGWROOT \
      --without-{fontconfig,sndfile,gettext,iconv} I get this for an error
msg: checking for FreeType...no
*
* The FreeType library was not found, aborting!
*
* Agar needs FreeType to display vector fonts
* (http://www.freetype.org/).

I think I checked everything in the package manager that said freetype.

Any ideas on what I can do?

thanks.

* Re: freetype not detected on configure
@ 2019-08-04  9:34   ` Gavin M2301
From: Gavin M2301 @ 2019-08-04  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi Andrey-

I had to set up ming in Cygwin correctly.

$     x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc.exe  `agar-config --cflags`           -o hello
hello.c       `agar-config --libs`

The cool trick is cygcheck. That allows you to see which dependency you are
missing so you can play with the package manager in cygwin and install the
right mingw packages.

The on-line help and the tricks Charles showed me earlier by running
agar-config --cflags and agar-config --libs helps you figure out what you
need on the system.

I guess that is about it.  Thx!

@ 2019-08-04  6:35 ` Andrey Repin
From: Andrey Repin @ 2019-08-04  6:35 UTC (permalink / raw)