From: Dominique de Waleffe <ddewaleffe@gmail.com>
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] cygwin-64 2.3.1. bash fails when running under FSF emacs 24.5
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2015 19:43:00 -0000	[thread overview]

There never was any reason to do as I have so far always been able to
run a version of Emacs compiled without cygwin without any blocking
issue but still running cygwin tools under emacs (and that has been a
case for a very long time!).  I have no religious opinion on this but
I don't see why I should add a dependency that, in "principle" should
not be needed.

The previous build of Emacs on the gnu site was already build with
mingw and afaik it works. It is just that the current combination does
not, in my case. I have no clue as to which version of mingw is
involved in those two emacs builds. But maybe you're onto something
there... Do you have any suggestion as how to validate your
hypothesis?

My goal is not to complain and just have a quick work around, I'd
rather report the issue and if possible help in resolving the issue...
I see that my download has finished... I'll setup this vm and try what
I can with it....

Regards,

D.

# Dominique de Waleffe