* what ever happened to CYGLSA in contemporary versions of Cygwin
@ 2020-01-08 16:16 William Winton
From: William Winton @ 2020-01-08 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I have a question about *cyglsa*; this is not a bug report.

*-- background --*
I have been a long time user of cygwin 1.7.17, and I'm finally looking to
upgrade to the latest cygwin.  Currently I'm experimenting with version
3.0.7.  I had been using cyglsa (in version 1.7) as a way to authenticate
ssh connections, and that worked fine, much better behaved that the
NtCreateToken mechanism.  It looks like, in Cygwin 3, that cyglsa is not
being used any more.  I've read the ntsec document pretty closely
(switching the user context), and there's no mention of cyglsa at all.
I've looked in cygwin-ug-net/ov-new.html, and cyglsa is only mentioned as a
new feature in 1.7 (from 1.5).   I've done several google searches on
cyglsa, and nothing has turned up about how or if cyglsa is being used any
more.

*-- question(s) --*
Is cyglsa still available ?  Presuming it's dead, was it removed because
the new "Service For User Logon" feature of windows 2003 (and later)
deprecated it ?  Is there a thread in the mailing-list archive which
mentions how this came to be ?

thanks,
*~ William*

* Re: what ever happened to CYGLSA in contemporary versions of Cygwin
@ 2020-01-08 23:35 ` Andrey Repin
From: Andrey Repin @ 2020-01-08 23:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: William Winton, cygwin

Greetings, William Winton!

> I have a question about *cyglsa*; this is not a bug report.

Did you try google?

With best regards,
Andrey Repin
Thursday, January 9, 2020 2:33:38

Sorry for my terrible english...

* Re: what ever happened to CYGLSA in contemporary versions of Cygwin
@ 2020-01-09 21:19   ` William Winton
From: William Winton @ 2020-01-09 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I did, but I don't think I used good search terms.  The links to sourceware
do clear it up for me.

thanks