* Pre-compiled Perl::Critic ?
@ 2016-12-01 17:06 Jim Reisert AD1C
From: Jim Reisert AD1C @ 2016-12-01 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Would it be possible to release a pre-compiled version of
Perl::Critic?  I built it yesterday from  CPAN sources, and it took
about nine *hours* to finish!  The laptop I built it on has an Intel
I7-6600U, 16 GB of memory and an SSD, so I don't know why it should
have taken so long!

Thanks - Jim

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us

* Re: Pre-compiled Perl::Critic ?
@ 2016-12-01 19:55 ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2016-12-01 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Jim Reisert AD1C writes:
> Would it be possible to release a pre-compiled version of
> Perl::Critic?  I built it yesterday from  CPAN sources, and it took
> about nine *hours* to finish!  The laptop I built it on has an Intel
> I7-6600U, 16 GB of memory and an SSD, so I don't know why it should
> have taken so long!

Last I looked it pulled in a lot of dependencies that I don't really
care to maintain.  Plus Perl::Critic is in itself a somewhat
controversial endeavour, so I'm not sure it would find that many users.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: Pre-compiled Perl::Critic ?
@ 2016-12-02 20:32   ` Jim Reisert AD1C
From: Jim Reisert AD1C @ 2016-12-02 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 12:55 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:

> Last I looked it pulled in a lot of dependencies that I don't really
> care to maintain.

Fair enough.  Thanks.

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us