* cygwin64 - bash: syntax error near unexpected token `X86'
@ 2016-02-16 14:11 Andrew Louie
From: Andrew Louie @ 2016-02-16 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I type in the command: 'dot' expecting a bash: dot: command not found
and instead I get:

bash: syntax error near unexpected token `X86'

the command: 'which dot' returns:

which: no dot in ($PATH....)

where is bash finding this dot program?

(I'm trying to run graphviz in cygwin with no luck) I think it's a
cygwin64 issue, beucase it used to work in 32bit cygwin)

Thanks for the help.

--
-Andrew Louie :wq

* Re: cygwin64 - bash: syntax error near unexpected token `X86'
@ 2016-02-16 14:16 ` Erik Soderquist
From: Erik Soderquist @ 2016-02-16 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 9:11 AM, Andrew Louie wrote:
> I type in the command: 'dot' expecting a bash: dot: command not found
> and instead I get:
>
> bash: syntax error near unexpected token `X86'
>
> the command: 'which dot' returns:
>
> which: no dot in ($PATH....)
>
> where is bash finding this dot program?
>
> (I'm trying to run graphviz in cygwin with no luck) I think it's a
> cygwin64 issue, beucase it used to work in 32bit cygwin)

I get the expected command not found response in my cygwin64; what do
you get from "dot --help"?

-- Erik

* Re: cygwin64 - bash: syntax error near unexpected token `X86'
@ 2016-02-16 14:19   ` Andrew Louie
From: Andrew Louie @ 2016-02-16 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> I get the expected command not found response in my cygwin64; what do
> you get from "dot --help"?

My Apologies, The problem was between the keyboard and chair.

I had an errant alias command in my ~/.bashrc pointing 'dot' to
c:\program files (X86)/....

I don't know why I didn't think of it till just now. Problem solved

-Andrew Louie :wq