* Trying to install on 2008 r2 server
@ 2024-02-09 23:54 Two Bits
From: Two Bits @ 2024-02-09 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I see the copy and paste through this system where I had to do mark and
copy on the older command line dropped the trailing 5 after posting this,
so that should fix the issue, sorry for the post, but I do not see how to
delete it.

* Re: Trying to install on 2008 r2 server
@ 2024-02-09 23:59 ` Peter A. Castro
From: Peter A. Castro @ 2024-02-09 23:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Two Bits; +Cc: cygwin

On Fri, Feb 09, 2024 at 06:45:25PM -0500, Cygwin List wrote:

Greetings, "Two Bits"  :)

> Seems I just missed the window for this to be easy.  I am trying to install
> cygwin on an
> old sbs server so I can run some stuff to migrate some things off of it.  I
> only have slow rds access.
>
> I read through the stuff on the cygwin page and it seems to say that
>
> setup-x86_64.exe -X --allow-unsupported-windows  --site
> http://ctm.crouchingtigerhiddenfruitbat.org/pub/cygwin/circa/64bit/2024/01/30/23121

You seem to be missing a "5" on the end of that URL: "231215" not "23121"
ie:
  http://ctm.crouchingtigerhiddenfruitbat.org/pub/cygwin/circa/64bit/2024/01/30/231215

But if that doesn't work for you, I'll need more info about why it
fails, like the setup.log and/or setup.log.full.

--
--=> Peter A. Castro
Email: doctor at fruitbat dot org / Peter dot Castro at oracle dot com

* Trying to install on 2008 r2 server
@ 2024-02-09 23:45 Two Bits
From: Two Bits @ 2024-02-09 23:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin