* Guile update? Missing `scandir`
@ 2017-01-30 10:40 Václav Haisman
From: Václav Haisman @ 2017-01-30 10:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi.

My project is using Autogen to generate makefiles but it used
`scandir` function which appears to be missing from the version of
Guile that Cygwin package provides. Would it be possible to update
Guile to something more recent which does contain the `scandir`
function implementation? See also
https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/html_node/File-Tree-Walk.html.

--
VH

* Re: Guile update? Missing `scandir`
@ 2017-01-31 10:10 ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2017-01-31 10:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 30/01/2017 11:40, Václav Haisman wrote:
> Hi.
>
> My project is using Autogen to generate makefiles but it used
> `scandir` function which appears to be missing from the version of
> Guile that Cygwin package provides. Would it be possible to update
> Guile to something more recent which does contain the `scandir`
> function implementation? See also
> https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/html_node/File-Tree-Walk.html.

I assume you mean a 2.0.x version.

I started to work on packaging of 2.0.x in parallel to the 1.8.x
last summer but I hit some problems on their coexistence
(mainly name scheme for guile-config) and let incomplete.

Some of the packages in cygwin are not yet ported to 2.0.x,
so dropping 1.8.x seems not a solution.

Currently I have little time to look on it and my system
is suffering build problems due to corporate BLODA that
makes packaging an annoying activity.

Regards
Marco